Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I wanted this breed so that I could breed them and sell them. and he is selling them for $20/egg. If they will not breed true maybe I don't want to get into this lol. Thank you everybody for your replies. However I did order some gold laced Brahmas that are on their way, do they breed true I hope?
Gold laced should breed true

Well I wanted this breed so that I could breed them and sell them. and he is selling them for $20/egg. If they will not breed true maybe I don't want to get into this lol. Thank you everybody for your replies. However I did order some gold laced Brahmas that are on their way, do they breed true I hope?
Depends. I have seen quite a few of the "laced" varieties advertised and pictured that have incorrect/incomplete lacing. The farther these varieties are getting from their original breeders the worse the lacing and type seem to be.

Quote: Dak thats Pretty Much with anything You Breed .
I have known Breeders in Dogs cats, horses and Rabbits to sell Lesser Quality to new breeders then they would keep themselfs . why they do not want the Competition . I just sold the best Kitten i have ever Produced but she did not go Cheap because that kitten will Kick my Butt in the show ring and her offspring is gonna be awesome . So i said Kitten Back LMAO .

When you breed for $$ and many people do they want to keep the best for themselves as you all know the Show Wins help the Sales so why sell something that would beat you ? I do it because if ever and i mean ever knocking on wood have a health issue loose my whole line of cats I created then i would have a back up. But many figure god, and Mother nature is on their sides the This wont happen to me has Happened to me once and I refused to get stuck again . anyway that is my 2 cents of why the more they get from the origional breeder the lesser the Quality . Tammy

Tammy, I think it has more to do with people not culling anything. They use ALL birds in the breeding pen, even the ones that should have been culled. There is more to winning than having birds from good lines. You must have the ability to raise them well, AND more importantly...CONDITION them for show. An excellent bird shown with worn,dirty broken feathers will not win, regardless of whose line they came from. If you want to be the best, you have to work the hardest.No short-cuts.

Tim

Big Medicine, your red guys are beautiful!
Thank you.
I was not looking for yet another project to branch off on, but the intensity of red, the iredescence of his shoulders in the sun kept catching my eye. If I can clean up the pattern and keep, or better the red enhancers, could be pretty sharp looking. Improving type is a given.

Last edited:
Tammy, I think it has more to do with people not culling anything. They use ALL birds in the breeding pen, even the ones that should have been culled. There is more to winning than having birds from good lines. You must have the ability to raise them well, AND more importantly...CONDITION them for show. An excellent bird shown with worn,dirty broken feathers will not win, regardless of whose line they came from. If you want to be the best, you have to work the hardest.No short-cuts.

Tim
I also Agree. My Pinched tailed birds are all IN Egg pen with an extra roo but not for breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom