Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim I live in East TN, where and when is the next show worth going to that is close to me? Just want to go check it out, So I will know how bad or maybe nice mine are and to get a feel for the way it works. Of course I will probably come back with a few new birds.

Tim I live in East TN, where and when is the next show worth going to that is close to me? Just want to go check it out, So I will know how bad or maybe nice mine are and to get a feel for the way it works. Of course I will probably come back with a few new birds.
These are the only shows I know of in Tennessee.

Nov. 23 2013 Cookeville Putnam County Fairgrounds Upper Cumberland Fancy Feathers Club Fall Show

David Rose
520 Lowe Road
Crossville, Tennessee 38572
931-788-6676
[email protected]

Dec. 6-7 2013 Knoxville Tennessee Valley Poultry Club 2013 ABA National

Chilhowee Park
3301 East Magnolia Avenue
Knoxville, TN 37914
Information
Eddie Dunlap
865-742-5525
-or-
Tim Cox
865-805-1183
-or-
Show Secretary
John Thomas
423-351-4722
TnVPoultryClub.com

Last edited:
Hi - I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. I'm looking for some help ensuring one of my brahmas is a pullet. I ordered five females from Cackle (very happy with their service), but one has always been bigger and I'm wondering more and more if she is actually a he. They are 8 weeks old. The big girl happens to be our favorite. We can't have roosters inside the city limits and would be very sad to loose her. I'm really hoping she's simply a big she-bird! :)

Last edited:
Hi - I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. I'm looking for some help ensuring one of my brahmas is a pullet. I ordered five females from Cackle (very happy with their service), but one has always been bigger and I'm wondering more and more if she is actually a he. They are 8 weeks old. The big girl happens to be our favorite. We can't have roosters inside the city limits and would be very sad to loose her. I'm really hoping she's simply a big she-bird! :)
I think you have a male there. It happens sometimes and the hatchery's only guarantee 90% accuracy. I have had it happen too when I ordered all pullets and one turned out to be a male.

Tennessee Valley Poultry club is hosting the ABA National Dec 6-8. They have a website, www.tnvpoultryclub.com not sure what town? It was on the front page of this months "Poultry Press". It is one of the best sources for upcomming shows.

Tim

Woops, sorry cmom, I did not read your post. Anyway...it should be an awesome show.

Tim

Does'nt take much "equipment". Most shows are one day, usually Saturday. I do four or five a year, mostly Fall. You get to meet, visit and make friends with people who are as nutty about Brahmas as we are. You get to see high quality birds.(at most shows) You get the oportunity to buy and sell birds with out the hassle of shipping, and you get to see the birds in person before you decide to buy. Go to a show to look before you decide to show. The people there will be happy to answer all your questions. I highly recommend it.

Tim

Thanks I will look into it. I'm sure the chicks I will be getting soon won't qualify but oh well. I'm kind of worried though. This recent heat...Coo Coo seems to be doing OK but I hope they can handle the hot weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom