Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here breed white brahmas? I think I have three, that were supposed to be buff laced. I was wondering if anyone else had had some hatch out like that.

Just out of curiosity: I had a DB cockerel that I had to give away, last summer and he is now at a home with BR hens. I'm just wondering what the offspring from this cross would look like. Has anyone ever seen this cross?

Just out of curiosity: I had a DB cockerel that I had to give away, last summer and he is now at a home with BR hens. I'm just wondering what the offspring from this cross would look like. Has anyone ever seen this cross?
I think probably columbian barred, but big medicine would be the expert on this. I think I've got the colors down, but still trying to figure out what patterns are dominant and how they interact.

I think probably columbian barred, but big medicine would be the expert on this. I think I've got the colors down, but still trying to figure out what patterns are dominant and how they interact.

I tend to not respond to questions that use abbreviations instead of using breed and or variety names, at least to the point to first establish what the subject matter is. Comes from dealing with scientific papers in my earlier life maybe, where Latin names came into play. I don't assume I interpret these abbreviations as intended and am not always sure what exactly is being asked.

I tend to not respond to questions that use abbreviations instead of using breed and or variety names, at least to the point to first establish what the subject matter is. Comes from dealing with scientific papers in my earlier life maybe, where Latin names came into play. I don't assume I interpret these abbreviations as intended and am not always sure what exactly is being asked.
I kind of thought the same thing, although I'm not a scientist, but you are right, I assumed they were talking about a light brahma over barred rocks. Thank you for keeping me thinking!

I kind of thought the same thing, although I'm not a scientist, but you are right, I assumed they were talking about a light brahma over barred rocks. Thank you for keeping me thinking!
Thanks for taking the time to address my question. The chickens I'm wondering about are a Dark Brahma rooster and some Barred Rock hens. I'm not sure if I will attempt to hatch any of these, but was just wondering what I might get.
smile.png

According to Henk's calculator. A dark (silver penciled) male over a barred hen will produce barred cockerels and black pullets.

Does anyone one have any info. on Crele Brahmas in the US or how they where made in Australia? Thanks so very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom