Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave a new copy of the SOP to our local library, so the 4H kids could refer to one when needed. Maybe your local library has a copy, or can get one though their fellow libraries. Would be worth checking out if money is tight.

bigz

They are "up-dated" every few years. You can find an earlier edition for less. Also, buying a "Standard" from the organization is a good way to support the APA, or ABA. I am a bantam man. I own the most current edition of both anyway. Looking forward to the ABA centennial version of the "Bantam Standard". Should be out by November in time for the BIG show.

Actually I think the oldest SOP is from 2000....they didn't update for 10 years, however they do want to update more often than in the future if they can.

If you can support the APA. that is your best option.

Actually, the "oldest" American SOP (called the "Standard of Excellence" back then) was published in 1874. Light and Dark Brahmas were in that initial publishing. Of course Buffs were not admitted until 1924. New editions have been issued every 4-12 years or so in the APA's 100 plus year history. Breed standards do change, so some of the older/early editions are far from the current Brahma standard. Keep that in mind if you buy one of the really old ones.

The ABA is much better at releasing new editions more often. Since their first standard in 1964.

Tim

Last edited:
I'm baaack!!! Just returned from a week in the Caribbean. Weather was great (not really rubbing it in to you northerners that are still under feet of snow). Anyway, all chicks are well and seem to be thriving. The housesitter took good care of them. I think I feathersexed wrong though, they all look the same now. I'll post pictures after I recover from the travel. Nice to be back and catch up on my brahma thread reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom