Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A week in the Caribbean, I am jealous.

I have been watching my Brahmas as the weather is warming up and their personalities are getting very excitied.
It was fun....I was worried sick about the chicks while I was gone though. Right now, I've noticed one is breathing hard and seems constipated to me. Not sure what to do? I've cleaned the vent area (it was not pasty) and increased the heat a hair in the brooder. There are probiotics and electrolytes in the water, but I'm not sure it's drinking. I've put a bit of water on my finger and dropped it into its mouth, but it's not going to the water on its own. I don't have an eyedropper and TSC is 1/2 an hour away. Any advice?

It was fun....I was worried sick about the chicks while I was gone though. Right now, I've noticed one is breathing hard and seems constipated to me. Not sure what to do? I've cleaned the vent area (it was not pasty) and increased the heat a hair in the brooder. There are probiotics and electrolytes in the water, but I'm not sure it's drinking. I've put a bit of water on my finger and dropped it into its mouth, but it's not going to the water on its own. I don't have an eyedropper and TSC is 1/2 an hour away. Any advice?

I use a straw. I hold sugar water in the straw, hold it horizontal, dip chick's beak into the end of the straw.

Either/or probably same difference. I've successfully used brown sugar--gives an energy jolt. I'm doubt the electrolytes/prebiotics won't hurt.
Well, we see where we are in the morning. Not looking too good right now. Was great this afternoon, but has quickly gone downhill. The other 4 seem fine....really hate this.

fl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom