Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is great info, I'm learning so much just reading this! I'm taking lots of notes here, thanks you guys. Keep it up!
pop.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I think that most of the birds I hached have S/W blood. I got two trios in 09 and bred them last year. I hatched about 20 and got down probably 4. I think a lot of the buffs bantams have S/W blood these days.

Joe

Tim, can you and some of the members put photos of winning birds up for us to see? like front and side, how high the tail reaches, how wide the head is,
the colour, this is all new to me, thanks.
Bantams that is.

Last edited:
Quote:
pop.gif
This is a great idea! I'd love to see some of photos of these as well. I really need to have more of a visual of the "Brahma standard" look. I have only seen a couple of photos of these and I've definitly learned that It's one thing to visualize this, but to see it is a whole different thing.

Quote:
Tim, The first two female I assume are the same bird and the best shape tail and back I have seen lately. One little suggestion for you though, keep a close eye on the black in hackle I mean where it starts. It should start at about ear level. If you let it drop very much it is hard to raise it back to where it should be. This is one thing I always worked real hard on my Brahma. Don

Quote:
Chet, the main thing to look for on the female take a look at the nice inverted U shape and how open the tail is on them. You could not draw a female Brahma any better that these. very, Very nice, Don

The standard does not give an angle. On the female it says carried just high enough to continue the concave sweep of the back. I like the angle on the male's tail, could be a little steeper. Wide and well opened resembing an inverted "U" when viewed from behind on the females. You should get a Standard if you don't have one. Go to as many shows as you can, look at the birds that win, talk to the breeders and the judges. It won't take long to develope your eye for a good bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom