Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim, you explained it just right. Lots of new Brahma folks believe the Brow is mostly bone, when in all actuality it is mostly the other items you mentioned. You are right Broad Head, Broad Chest and broad Back and a lot less problems. The back should be wide alway back. Don

Its basically the same. The only differences I can see are trimming the feathers and I don't put clean birds on wire, I prefer DEEP, CLEAN shavings. I also don't use the flea and tick shampoo, I like tide with bleach alternative on the lights. I use frontline on my birds every month or so to prevent the mite/lice problems. Buffs are a LOT easier to get show-clean than lights. The vinegar is a very good idea for cutting the soap.

Last edited:
Quote:
Great!
smile.png
I did have another thought. When ever I used to wash my birds I never actually washed the head it self, but it looks like thats all part of it here. What do you do to keep the soap and vinigar out of the birds eyes while rinceing off the head?

Quote:
This is the kind of thing I was referring to.

http://harvestbreezefarm.com/PreparingforShow.html

I like this method of show prep. Tim, is there some differences between this method of show prep and Brahma show prep? I guess what I'm asking is, what do you do to prep your birds for shows in comparison?

doesn't trimming feathers around the comb fall under the Disqualification: faking:shaft and or web giving evidence that part of the feather having been cut off. Faking is a deliberate attemp to decieve a judge or prospective purchaser. Evidence of faking shall be reason to disqualify that bird. In other words probably shouldn't trim feathers.
Post a reply

Last edited:
Quote:
I like this method of show prep. Tim, is there some differences between this method of show prep and Brahma show prep? I guess what I'm asking is, what do you do to prep your birds for shows in comparison?

doesn't trimming feathers around the comb fall under the Disqualification: faking:shaft and or web giving evidence that part of the feather having been cut off. Faking is a deliberate attemp to decieve a judge or prospective purchaser. Evidence of faking shall be reason to disqualify that bird. In other words probably shouldn't trim feathers.
Post a reply

The trimming around the comb was something I've never done and didn't really mean to refer to it as a part of the show prep that I liked. But, I can definitly see your point. I personally don't know too much about show prep or faking, when I was in 4-H I used to simply wash the birds the night before with dishsoap, towel dry them (sometimes I used a hair dryer), and leave them in a box in a warm room over night to dry. So, I'm trying to learn more about the proper methods, but I'd be very excitied to learn more about these do's versus don'ts.
smile.png

Here's my Roo i dont think he will win ant shows lol but hes not one yet so who knows
86313_roo1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom