Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only Brahma is a favorite. Unfortunately, she is now broody and we have her in a cage, trying to break her. We already have two batches of chicks growing up. The Brahma looks so depressed, -I can't stand it!

Quote:
Yes it is a boy. They are my favorites and one day soon I am going to get a light brahma roo to keep my girls a bit safer in the yard. Maybe hatch some babies too! I am interested in the Bantams however. Perfect size chicken for me, and good sized eggs!

Quote:
Yes it is a boy. They are my favorites and one day soon I am going to get a light brahma roo to keep my girls a bit safer in the yard. Maybe hatch some babies too! I am interested in the Bantams however. Perfect size chicken for me, and good sized eggs!

I have bruff brahma bantam pullets. They are really nice and I can't wait for them to start laying!

I'm taking some beautiful Lt Brahma's to the Ocala Florida swap this weekend.. Hope to get them some nice homes
smile.png
Some of my roo's are like big lap dogs..

Quote:
But wait till you see pictures of my flock...
smile.png

caf.gif
waiting for those pics...

I"ll have them up tomorrow..

I'll trade you some brahmas for some tolbunts and some swedish flowers!!

Do any of ya'll remember at what age your Brahma hens started to lay? I know the eggs are brown - how do they compare in size to RIR's or Barred Rocks for instance? I have read that they are a slow maturing very large bird so they start to lay later and they don't lay quite as many as most prolific egg layers. I'm switching out my RIR's with Light/Dark Brahmas and I'm trying to get some info for comparison.

I know this has probably been addressed in this thread but I am going to ask again. How do you tell the sex of Buff Brahma's? Mine are are about 12 weeks old and they are all huge and friendly but no one is standing out as a roo. I have eight so I shoud jsut by the odds have both sexes since I got them as straight run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom