Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Here are two of my Lt Brahma's going to the swap this weekend.. Lovely personable babies
smile.png

81805_6_14ltbrahmaroo.jpg

81805_6_14ltbrahmapullet.jpg

Great foot feathering on most of them too. They are 7 weeks old and almost as big as some of my 14 week old mutts!!

Last edited:
I have 3 standard buff brahmas right now and am trying to find more. If anyone knows of somebody selling them I would really appreciate you letting me know.! I live in NC and would be willing to drive to get some.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the Ocala swap this weekend. Had three Partridge chicks hatch today out of the hem Lauren Fender had been showing and the Rooster Dee Majestrick sold me. They appear to all be pullets.

We are hatching!
wee.gif

2 HUGE beautiful babies are out. I believe the other two are pipping.
ya.gif

The colors are a little funky but I am still thinking they will feather in what I want. I think these guys will be a big improvement of my F1's.

Sad part is.... I'm going on a float trip tomorrow and I won't be back until the next day. I didn't expect them to start hatching until tomorrow. My new babies will have to be alone for over 24 hours.
he.gif
I'm trying to decide what to do. Take them out and put them in a brooder and hope the light doesn't go out while i'm gone or something. Or just leave them in my brinsea for a day and maybe put some water in there?

I really love the Brahma chick pics.

Here's one of my 10 week olds who has really lovely colouring. He would not keep still, but all his breast feathers are like the ones you see on the left with a really black centre and white rim. He looks like he is going to be pretty as an adult.

IMG_5838.jpg

Even hubby commented on him, and that's pretty unknown around these parts!

But this little guy cannot be said to be a beauty....having checked the calendar, they are 11 weeks old and this is all the feathers he has....
IMG_1834.jpg

IMG_1837.jpg

Feather-challenged or what????

Last edited:
Miss Lydia....definitely not being plucked by the others...in fact he is quite feisty and generally not under-dog (or under-chick). He still goes under mommas wing at night as he presumably feels the cold. You may be able to see that all the others have a pretty full compliment of real feathers, too.

I'll have to knit him a winter coat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom