Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your responses., Summer answered it herself this morning. She flat abandoned two eggs, so she set her limit at twelve. I brought in the two she pushed away and put them in a micro bator. And D'Anver eggs are tiny, she was only comfortable with ten of her own eggs for comparison.

Thanks Don. Thats another thing I love about my Bantam Brahmas, they lay a very good sized egg. We eat them when I'm not hatching.

We have just gotten started with chickens and 2 of my 6 hens are Buff Brahmas. My oldest daughter picked them out. She has named them Ginger & Hazelnut.

Two of my Dark Brahma hens have green eyes. A Blue Partridge Brahma hen and cock also green eyes.I've posted on this before, but are others seeing this turning up in their Brahmas?

welcome-byc.gif
justhighstyle!

pgpoultry, Some of my Buff Brahmas and Speckled Sussex have had light hazel colored eyes as teenagers then change closer to POL. Interesting, most of this spring's Brahmas were much slower to feather out, at one point I thought I had gotten straight run. One pullet in particular made me think of your long time fuzzy pullet from last year. She finally started sprouting back and tail feathers until 10 weeks of age.

Tim, like your new avitar. That is one of the pictures I'm fixing to hang on the wall of my feed room going into the coop. Always a good practice to remind oneself what you are striving for on a daily basis, in my opinion.

How did I miss this thread? Anyways. Here is Ella, the Bantam Light Brahma pullet.

9 weeks old

12 weeks old

:3 I got her when she was 9 weeks, and I've had her for around a month now and I LOVE her. Also, are you supposed to trim their leg feathers? The 'Big Girls' peck at them to the point where she bleeds. I have her separated atm, until I can find a way to get the big girls to stop pecking her legs.

Thanks Don. Thats another thing I love about my Bantam Brahmas, they lay a very good sized egg. We eat them when I'm not hatching.
Tim, Like your avatar, Did you ever see the Large Dark male that was best of show at the Ohio National several year ago ? The Club has some of the pictures. I believe they called him Ralph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom