Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone seen the blue partridge brahmas? i saw a pic on pinterest and the link took me to greenfire farms. the hens are gorgeous!

k anyone with breed and genetics experience: i have 2 silver laced brahma cockerels and want to expand my flock. i had no luck with hatching eggs so want to get live chicks but cant find any. i will probably order from a hatchery but they only have light, buff or dark. so my question to you all is, should i bother with hatchery stock? and if i am going to cross breed which color would help me to end up with silver laced the easiest? also, this is just for fun not for show stock or anything. thanks

A few of my gold laced, hanging with the gals.

Also very pretty!!! Thank you for sharing. I just think they are SUCH a pretty variety.
lol.png

Does anyone know what steps are necessary in getting a variety of a breed approved and recognized by the APA? Where would one need to look? I already ordered (should be here tomorrow according to the tracking information) the APA SOP book - but I'm not sure if that will give the information I'm looking for....crazy book was $80.00 - is it bound in gold? lol

Last edited:
Thank you, I like them. Although lately I'm wondering if I shouldn't have branded them Gary Imwalle Silver Laced Brahmas.
roll.png
i actually think the ones i have are of your pencestry (can i make up words here).
big_smile.png
as in pretty close decendants. i did get them from ohio so thats close in and of itself. i am looking for unrelated stock and didnt realize this was a project until i did a little reading here, no wonder they're hard to find. i think my SLB cockerel is the most beautiful chicken i've ever had.
thanks!

Also very pretty!!! Thank you for sharing. I just think they are SUCH a pretty variety.
lol.png

Does anyone know what steps are necessary in getting a variety of a breed approved and recognized by the APA? Where would one need to look? I already ordered (should be here tomorrow according to the tracking information) the APA SOP book - but I'm not sure if that will give the information I'm looking for....crazy book was $80.00 - is it bound in gold? lol
The Standard gives directions/steps for getting a new variety accepted. Not bound in gold, but worth the money.

Tim

Type is vastly different. Brahmas are a bit harder feathered. The comb of course. Standard Brahma weight is one pound more than Cochins. There are more recognized varieties of Cochins. Brahmas are awesome...Cochins are NOT. Thats all I can think of right off the top of my head.

Tim

Type is vastly different. Brahmas are a bit harder feathered. The comb of course. Standard Brahma weight is one pound more than Cochins. There are more recognized varieties of Cochins. Brahmas are awesome...Cochins are NOT. Thats all I can think of right off the top of my head.

Tim
lol I have both, but I thought the two cochin we have just have attitudes from not growing up with us as peeps, as all our dif brahmas are the friendliest. What I see is are cochin are shorter and have like real rounded feathers.

I am also wondering if these brahma projects are mixes of breeds, I would assume not.

Thanks Tim

lol I have both, but I thought the two cochin we have just have attitudes from not growing up with us as peeps, as all our dif brahmas are the friendliest. What I see is are cochin are shorter and have like real rounded feathers.

I am also wondering if these brahma projects are mixes of breeds, I would assume not.

Thanks Tim

Pretty detailed background on some of the projects.
http://www.the-coop.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=29277&page=1

i actually think the ones i have are of your pencestry (can i make up words here).
big_smile.png
as in pretty close decendants. i did get them from ohio so thats close in and of itself. i am looking for unrelated stock and didnt realize this was a project until i did a little reading here, no wonder they're hard to find. i think my SLB cockerel is the most beautiful chicken i've ever had.
thanks!
How are the hocks on your birds ?

Tim
could not stated it better my self!!!!
Tim,
Central Indiana Poultry show the boys won BV ,RV,RB only (1) hen beat us out of 20 birds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom