Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
caf.gif
tks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bow.gif
I was wondering to how they have red n lemon pyle, love the looks, But your birds Rock!

Last edited:
one is fine, the other vulture - but he's the prettier one and i like his hocks so he stays. he looks so fancy, even tho i know its not desired among brahmas.
That's fine in your own personal flock. It's when people decide to sell, or give away birds carrying this recessive fault that further degrades the variety. I am guilty of it as well. If I could go back in time, I would have held off another couple years before allowing any silver laced off my place. I thought I had bred the vulture hocks out, but apparently a male I used still carried a hidden copy. This resulted in some vulture hocked birds being out there, which would have been correctable with proper breeding, culling, and time. Which seems to be a lot to expect of some folks.

here are some photos from the show Sat
wink.png

I should have taken more photos I just love these BRAHMAS!!! I should have got photos of the Best of Breed and Res of Breed I do not know why I didn't take on of the Buff hen....oh well our better buff cock was left home with the ladies!!!

I'm really not sure where to ask this question. I've got two white brahma hens and one buff hen and one buff rooster. I've really decided I love these birds. I'd like to breed them. I'm wondering what would happen if I put the white hens in with the buff roo? I'm assuming it wouldn't be a problem because I'm sure the different colors all originated with one of the colors.

Anybody have any ideas if they'd come out white/buff or a mix?

Thank you.

Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom