Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: If I told you I would have to keel I mean cull you!
gig.gif

Ohio Show, alley deal lol

4 Days!!! Bawahahhahhahhaaaaaa that cracked me up!!! as if McNaughtyface wasnt enough!!!
gig.gif
def need a peein in pants emoticon!

That's his name and that's his age...I have no idea what happened. He was very sweet until day 2 and then he turned into chickenized Satan.
hu.gif

Baby chicks are curious little creatures, I know this - but he is **horrible** It sucks, because if I had a camera (I totally need to buy another one SOON) you'd see what I mean. He's huge, and absolutely flawless physically...but temperamentally he's just...pure evil. He doesn't peck, he literally grabs with his beak and yanks whatever he wants, be it a wing or a butt, or an eyeball or beak, he doesn't care. He ripped my cuticle off my pointer finger when I was cleaning his pasty butt. I won't go into detail on the rest of the pasty butt story (there's another thread about it) but suffice it to say - we're clearly not fond of each other.

Sulmet
00ae.png
Drinking Water Solution For The Control Of Chicken Infectious Coryza (Avibacterium paragallinarum) Coccidiosis (Eimeria tenella, Eimeria necatrix) Acute Fowl Cholera (Pasteurella multocida) Pullorum Disease (Salmonella Pullorum) This treatment applies to the following species: •Beef Cattle •Chickens •Dairy Cattle •Swine •Turkeys Manufacturer: Boehringer Ingelheim 10 bucks a bottle and GREAT to have on hand!

My chicken just has a cough and none of the other symptoms. Is that still a good thing to use?
Not a vet just sharing what worked finally for me. Mine too only had cough sneezes too and on occasion they sounded a little deeper sounding in their cackles... but they had it for two months as I was trying to treat it with all natural stuff to no avail! the sulmet the as suggested by my Ag owner. and 10 bucks I had to try it.. Giving up the eggs for a week was worth not having to worry anymore. You sure you have good ventilation in the coop and they aren't just having a reaction to ammonia fumes? When I was researching I found that alot for cough and sneezes

They are beautiful, Sally! Now I have to show a few of mine!

New color I'm working on, kind of a lemon blue

Sally you are a very lucky lady. Your birds are beautiful!
Thank you! I love them!!! we have another batch in the brooder, waiting to see who is who!!!
fl.gif
I am trying to figure out how I am going to separate them in the spring. That will be tough for me, old tenderheart!!

I am finding that they are WAY WAY too big for my 8 year old to handle though : ( I guess thats good and bad. She told me, "mom I dont want brahma, those are your babies, I want my own kinds" lol addicted already!! soooooo she tried her hand at hatching some polish eggs but all detatched cells and only one hatched, its a gold laced polish. : ( Oh well they gotta learn good and bad unfortunately, but it makes um tougher! She is setting serama and BCM on monday in her new cooler bator! she is so excited!! The BCM are for a friend of ours, but now she says she only wants a trio!! and she bought 2 doz eggs to set!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom