Brahmas~What can ya tell me?

We have had Light Brahmas since around the beginning of our chicken experience (7 years). We love them dearly!
love.gif
They are the sweetest, most loyal, pretty quiet, consistent egg layers, and great mama chickens! They do mature a little later. Ours always start laying around 6 months. Those were from hatcheries, from another farm, and some hatched and raised by our mamas (so I think that means it's the breed). They seem to not even participate in the pecking order. They just hang around and life happens around them. Our rooster (Madface) we used to have was one of the largest and gentlest we've had (until now). Once they are pretty mature (around a year) they lay pretty well through winter here (SW Indiana). They don't even run from the children and are tolerable of just about anything.
You'll love them!
wee.gif

YAY!!! Awe, I can't wait now!! And I just saw the pictures from the feather site and I think I will love my darks just as much!!
we have small children, so it is so good to hear how sweet they have been!!
Thank you so much!!

I echo everything Jessupfamily said. They really are the sweetest, very lovable, great consistent layers, cold hardy as heck, and they neither cause nor experience pecking order problems. They and the Speckled Sussex both seem to be above it all, and just don't care. They bother no one and no one bothers them.

Quote:
They are beautiful!!! May I ask how big they are? Thank you for taking the time to post!!
smile.png

Quote:
Wonderful! Thank you both so much! I am so excited to decided to order them! I am still wondering about how big they will get, but so glad their temperment is so wonderful!! That is the best news yet!!

They are large birds but very gentle and greet me at the door everytime I go into the pen. They love to eat and are always in the feed dish. They are the only birds I have that allow me to pick them up and hold them and talk to them. They are also very gentle with children, wonderful pets.
thumbsup.gif

Gosh, thanks so much for taking time to write all that out! That is exactly what I was hoping for. i like a bigger bird, but not one that will chase down my kids!!
Wonderful, mine come in on the 17th, so I will post pics then!!

Back
Top Bottom