Brahmas~What can ya tell me?

ttrjpbcz

Songster
11 Years
Jun 30, 2008
PA
I made an impulse buy when I was on the ideal site for something else and bought some Brahma darks.....I would love any photos, info (size, behavior, heartyness) etc you have!!

Thanks a million!
Tonia:)

Last edited:
One word best describes brahmas ... AWESOME!!! I have a light brahma bantam hen who is wonderful, tame, calm, and very very loving. If i leave the coop at night without petting her she follows me and perches on my arm. I have no experience with the roosters but the hens are great! Her name is snowflake aka flakers
big_smile.png

10663_new_snowflake.jpg

ETA Very hardy, many weeks of 40 below temps and she did just fine. She free ranges during the summer all day, has never hurt herself or been hurt by others. Definately durable

Last edited:
awe, what a cutie! How is she with laying and winter and with the other chickens?

I have light brahmas. They are very nice docile birds. Mine are going to be 5 months old this weekend. No eggs yet. Ive read that they dont become fully mature for 2 years. Very large roosters. I have 2, and they are very docile. they dont fight with any other roosters or eachother.

Thanks
big_smile.png
She loves the other chickens even the babies, she lays an egg almost every day and gets along great with standard sizes as well as bantams. She is the first to sound the alarm when a stray cat runs through the yard. All around great chickens
big_smile.png
I am sure you will be very pleased with your dark brahmas

Oh my word, they are gorgeous!! I might want the lights now!!! Shoot, I hope someone posts a picture of the darks!!

They are absolutely beautiful! Breath-taking!!

Back
Top Bottom