Brahmas

Bp10244

Songster
Apr 4, 2018
NW Georgia
3F384D22-8FA0-4687-B5EE-D90A53558870.jpeg
E08583AA-183A-4F75-B77D-2598EEA04EB4.jpeg
As I was buying chicks last fall and I was trying to find the perfects breeds, I happened to stumble across light brahmas. I loved how plus sized they were and their color so I decided I would just get one pullet. Fast forward 6 months and I’ve seen just how many variations of brahmas there really are. I’m planning on ordering blue partridge hatching egg or chicks, but I thought I’d ask everybody about their brahmas first. What colors do you have? Any favorites I should add to my list? (This is my light Brahma, Pam)

I know that temperament may vary by individual, but in your experience, how do the Brahma roosters act?
For me, it depended on each roo, i had 5 or 6, 2 were very bad, 2 were "normal" roos, and 2 were very tame! I handled them all alot as chicks too. Ive heard most people sawy they are a pretty mild breed. I think the full sized ones might be more mild than the bantams... i thought I'd share this funny pic i got when i had one in my "photo pen," he didnt like being moved and was being silly and i caught a pic of him looking like a round ball!
Screenshot_2019-03-22-19-27-32.png

For me, it depended on each roo, i had 5 or 6, 2 were very bad, 2 were "normal" roos, and 2 were very tame! I handled them all alot as chicks too. Ive heard most people sawy they are a pretty mild breed. I think the full sized ones might be more mild than the bantams... i thought I'd share this funny pic i got when i had one in my "photo pen," he didnt like being moved and was being silly and i caught a pic of him looking like a round ball!
View attachment 1713535
Lol he’s a handsome little guy!

Back
Top Bottom