Brain-Eating Parasite?!!? EEEK!!

Quote:
there was an article somewhere that said it's been found in swimming pools

If the water temp is more than something like 85 degrees and it isn't chlorinated it will grow in pools.

Quote:
We had the two kids here in Phx that died from this amoeba when their water company didn't chlorinate their water in the summer. The water company used water from a well if I remember correctly. Both kids got it in their bath tubs. Usually you are damaged to much to live by the time the pathology comes back. I think the only time you live through it is if they suspect it is that and treat you before the pathology comes back. I don't ever put my head underwater in lakes.

I mentioned these same cases in post 15 but I think those happened in Peoria...that's the house that they found it all in the house pipes but none in the water supply pipes, I believe. Who'd think taking a bath could end in such tragedy. Another person in another state contracted it via a his vaporizer pot thingy that he used for sinus congestion. My child's step-sibling had had 10 strokes before they found out the cause...and like you said, I imagine with this other type the person is gone before it's even diagnosed. I think that was the case with the little ones here in AZ that died from it.

I'm so paranoid now. I've always been. I've also been known to worry myself sick. Thanks.
tongue.png

This is not something that even makes my list of things to worry about. There's a lot of crap out there to get you, if a person worried about all of it you'd never get anything else accomplished.

Quote:
Only if you want to preserve yourself...gross salty brine all over your body.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_advantages_and_disadvantages_of_a_saltwater_swimming_pool

Love salt water pools! After having had a salt water pool built I'd never go back to any other type. Feels so much better, so easy to maintain, plus it's only about $65 a year to maintain compared to about that much per month with the other. Plus there's little if any deposits left on the water falls or boulders.

Quote:
Only if you want to preserve yourself...gross salty brine all over your body.

Ugh... Imagine the tangles in your hair...
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom