Brakel (and related breeds) Thread

and would it be possible to drop of some campine eggs at simon's at the same time? just imposing myself right here, I know :) : )

Hi, yes I can do. I'm still on the hunt for some though. As it turns out my partner may drive to Belgium and collect (he's good to me) and unfortunately I can't as my passport has expired. I will let you know when the planned trip will be and if I could get hold of any eggs. Fancy breeds are scarce at the moment for some reason.

that would be very nice, but if it is too hard to find any, no problem, I can be patient. the Campines haven't been around in Belgium in 7 or so decades. A few weeks more won't hurt.

I have found some. Literally just as I posted my last reply! I have found both gold and silver so could bring both? I'll get them the day before my partner does the trip over so they are as fresh as can be. Do you have unrelated to Simons silver brakels? The more new blood the better.

OK,Maarten,you can come and get your darn eggs.
tongue.png

@becky
I have Brakels from 2 different,unrelated lines.
And how many eggs do you need Becky?

Hi, I would be after 12 so 6 of each bloodline would be great. How much would it be please? As soon as dates have been confirmed I'll let you know. Dover is just over 4 hrs away from me which is a pain. Oh well I'm not the 1 driving ha ha.

hi becky & simon, great I can tag along ;) thanks
becky, can you post the link of those campine eggs? i'd need a very good line as it is easier to start out right than try to set things straight for years to come

I went onto eBay.co.uk and searched campine eggs. They are the only I can find in the uk who sell the eggs. My breeder is also looking as she has more contacts. We are looking at coming on the 12th may. Need to know where in Belgium you are Simon and how much you would like for the eggs please so we can sort out the euros. Thanks

just checked ebay uk, but no silver campines there i'd get hatching eggs from
and nothing on the Preloved site either.
there is also http://www.westkidland.co.uk/poultry.htm, they have very nice specimens, but it's not clear if they have any hatching eggs right now

otherwise i'll look around myself and let you know in time if i find any good ones

Back
Top Bottom