Brand choices for chicken feeds (how do I know who is "best"?)

I LOVE scratch and peck! It has a higher protein, and my ladies had a protein deficiency, and I started feeding this and they ran for it like I was starving them, even though I had the other food out all day. They stopped eating there eggs immediately, plus, its organic, non GMO, and all natural! Here is a link! https://www.chewy.com/s?query=Scratch+and+Peck+Feeds&query2=Chicken+Feed&rh=c:941&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_fr1tv7J7AIVzh-tBh2vtw0QEAAYASAAEgJzUfD_BwE
I am not too far from their facility 😀

I recently switched from Nutrena Starter/Grower crumbles to Purina Flock Raiser crumbles. It seemed like EVERY bag of Nutrena crumbles was 90% dust and was getting very frustrating!

My girls seem to really like the flock raiser, and I like the high protein for them. I was going to switch them to the Nutrena Hearty Hen pellets once everyone was laying because I like the fact that it is non-soy, and was thinking probably won't be so dusty.

I am also near 2 local mills, Scratch n Peck and Conway Mill. I might switch to the Conway Mill because it's all local and the prices are very good.

Last edited:
I’ve had my flock on the Purina starter crumble up until they started laying. Then I switched to Purina Layena crumble. I tried the pellets, they were not a fan of it & only ate it because it’s the only thing they had in front of them. I have my rescue bantams on Nutrena Feather Fixer (they were in rough shape, they’re getting better thankfully). I had my ducks on chick starter crumble until one of my jumbo Pekin’s started showing signs of Niacin deficiency. She was so sick that I thought she wasn’t going to make it. I switched all ducks to Purina duck pellets. It saved her life. My chicks are on DuMor starter crumble, only because that’s what I could afford at that time but they seem fine on it. My husband & I are talking about buying organic food once all this food is gone.

Back
Top Bottom