Brand names for "anti-peck ointment"

Black burns Best-pecker wrecker(medicated salve for flesh/feather problems in poultry) sold only in select feed-farm-pet stores

Blackburns Best
135 North 6th
Junction,TX
76849-0585

great stuff,comes in a 4 oz can like vics Will

I use Vics Vapo rub. Cheap and readily available.... I had young turkey poults that would peck each others faces while eating and they would get a raw spot above their beaks. After using the Vics no more pecking!
Took a few tries but they soon learned to leave each other alone.. It was funny to see them shake their heads and try to get the taste out of their mouths... Works great on body wounds also.

You think vics or bag balm would work on a foot injury? I separated my 4 wk chick who got pecked on the toe and she was almost healed when I had them out together and one chick saw the other's foot and thought it was a bug. A quick peck and she tore the scab off and now it's beeling again.
I hate to keep separating her because she hates being away from the others.

I use something called rooster booster (brand name)...smells like pine tar. My chickens will smell the stuff and run away quickly lol. You can almost see them wrinkling up their beaks
lol.png

HI,
I went to BIG R Feed in Pueblo CO. to get a can of Pine Tar to apply to our birds to stop pecking
I asked about ANY other remedy to stop the cannibalism?
I was told by an old feed store mamager to try "ROOSTER BOOSTER"available in a 4 oz. squeeze bottle.He told me it works great to stop the pecking & Rooster abuse.
I applied one drop to each of my 17 hens this morning, I'll tell you, the hens don't like to peck it off one another. Hope it works for the Rooster also.
Rooster Booster @ Big R Ranch Supply
MFG.by TDL Industries
Gerbel CA.
530-824-6599
roosterboosterproducts.com
Hope this helps!!

Just a couple of thoughts... pine tar is a MESS! Sticky awful stuff gets all over the feathers and you just about can't get it off, everything sticks to it, ugly, awful. And it wasn't that effective in preventing my hens picking on my Polish rooster. Rooster Booster, less messy, worked a little but not all that well. Vicks... don't apply this to injured or inflamed skin where it can be absorbed and toxic to poultry, I almost killed this poor little Polish roo THAT way. I might have to try Blackburn's...

I use neosporin (not the kind than has a pain reliever - anything with caine has a pain reliever so don't use that) mixed with blue food coloring topped of with vaseline. Chickens don't like vaseline on the beaks.

Vaseline may also work for feather pecking.

Also I have read to hang a cabbage in the coop to keep them entertained and prevent bordem.

Back
Top Bottom