Brand new chicken parents :-)

Congratulations on your first egg!!!

Wow your coop is super cute. I love the roof and the color is out of this world! I can't tell from the photos is you incorporated ventilation in the coop design, but with the high peaked roof you have a nice place to put vents without exposing the girls to drafts. Here is a helpful article on ventilation: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/...-go-out-there-and-cut-more-holes-in-your-coop.

We have ventilation built into the door openings... The coop gets good air exchange and humidity stays in the 60% range except when it's raining outside etc. Later in the winter when they are in more I will open up a higher vent on the back side but for now they are are happy and dry lol

We have ventilation built into the door openings... The coop gets good air exchange and humidity stays in the 60% range except when it's raining outside etc. Later in the winter when they are in more I will open up a higher vent on the back side but for now they are are happy and dry lol
Welcome to the forums. It is such an awesome coop design, and is sounds like you have paid attention to every detail.

Back
Top Bottom