Brand new SILKIE CHICKS ~ is this normal??

Mine aren't loud at all when they were babies. Even after they hatched they weren't loud. I was a bit worried something was wrong with them because they didn't peep that much until they turned a month old.... Mine are 2 months old now and they are LOUD!! They are going outside this weekend in a pen for them because they are getting way too loud! Can't think! They are quite when I turned the light off or its bed time. It's weird because they see me to go bed they quite down and go to bed too.

The get super loud when they see me and they all huddle up in the corner thinking they are getting treats. Think I spoiled mine way too much because they won't eat the feed I have for them. They want me to feed them out of my hand or they want some treats. They will eat the feed if I don't try and feed them out of my hand and they and want me to hold them too. its crazy because I have never had any chickens that acted like this. lol.

Good luck with your silkies!!

yes mine were loud when thye were in the bator and I thought it was because there was not enough air flow so i took the plug out...and thye were better...but yes mine were loud in the bator...I agree I think they were stressed at first after hatched...

but now mine are in the brooder they are very quiet and I love all their soft peeping especially when thye are all up and eating...

Anytime I peek in the windows, the first to hatch sees me and peeps louder like he wants to be with me. CRAZY I tell you. 4 total are out now, 2 to go. He seems to have quieted a wee bit but he did wake us up this morning.
roll.png

I have one buff in a brooder with 8 D'Uccle's. And it screams so loud that it wakes me from a read sleep. At first I thought it was cold, but when I picked it up, it was nice and warm. I think they are just cry babies.

MMMMMM I must have the perfect chicks, I'm amazed at how quiet mine all are.
They scream when they kick off the shell like they are announcing themselves to the world then...quiet.
I sometimes wake up to a nice hatch in the bator just waiting for me to find them.
No kidding, more than a few times I have chicks and never knew it till I went to check the temperature and there they were!
When they are stirring around and eating and talking to them selves it sounds so comforting.....I love to hear them.
Only time they yell is if they get cold, or somehow get upside down.

Mine were the same way yesterday before I took them out of the bator. They have been in the brooder for about 24 hrs. now and pretty just sleep.
smile.png

They get up and eat and drink every now and then.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom