bread machines

in my case it was cost of mixer $$$ or cost of bread machine $$. I just made my first loaf 2 days ago and am very happy with it. Next time I will try the light setting but Im happy.

Ok....I went and bought myself my valentines day present. I bought the sunbeam stand mixer It was on sale for $98 so went with it. I just washed all the parts and I'm about to go make my first ever batch on cinnamon rolls! Wish me luck!!!

I rec'd a bread machine as a gift once some time ago, and used it several times. Not real fond of the loaf shape, or the hole left by the paddle. It has been used to mix the dough, which I then would bake in regular loaf pans, but frankly, I like mixing bread and roll dough by hand and kneading it the old fashioned way. The kneading especially is good, relaxing therapy.

Our KitchenAid mixer is used all the time, both for mixing and grinding. Love it!

I have to agree, the bread machine only makes one odd shaped loaf, with a hole in the bottom from the paddle. I prefer my stand mixer and the old fashion method of bread making. You can make two loaves at once and they are the traditional shape of a loaf of bread. Good luck!
big_smile.png

we just got a bread machine and tried it out for the first time yesterday and it worked very well, esp considering the thing only cost 13 dollars! but i wanted to know if there is a way to make banana bread, zucchini bread, or something like that in the bread machine?

I bought DW a KitchenAide "Classic" a few years ago at her request. Well she never used it. But then after she had the stroke I had to become the cook and I use that thing all the time. Eggs for omletts, pancake batter, mashed spuds, biscuit dough, cookies, cakes, mix meatloaf etc etc. I love it. Recently a neighbor gave me a bread machine. I have made bread in it and it was good. We eat what we want of the bread with a meal and then the chickens get the rest as a treat. I have seen recipies for other breads like bannana etc. I may try that soon. Today I think I may try to make some cinnamon rolls.

We have both a stand mixer and a bread machine. But not enough counter space for both.

For bread dough I use the bread machine. I can close the top to keep cats out of it. I check as it's mixing to adjust the flour needed, so whoever said it can't be done
tongue2.gif
. I don't use the bake cycle either, it's not a requirement for using the machine, I dump it out and form my own loaves for the oven.

I get excellent breads. And have for 10 years.

I make all the bread we eat and have for a very long time. I have a bread machine but all I use it for is making bread dough...I never bake in it.

I also have a Kitchen Aid mixer and if I could only have one or the other I would choose the bread machine hands down.

Back
Top Bottom