bread machines

I made some excellent and easy rolls today with my bread machine. Just put ingredients in and set on dough, let rise, then
set out as rolls and let rise again and bake. If anybody wants the recipe I'll post it.

Quote:
Hey thats what I have going on right now too. I have no idea what I am doing but I made machine dough then made it into little bals and have it rising . Should be ready to go in oven soon. And if it turns out bad and we don't like I know the chickens will trade eggs for it.

I use mine for making dough. I actually picked up two at the Salvation Army for $1.99 each and one didn't work. My husband is the biggest and one of the best to be honest, tinker techs there are, and he took it apart and the belt had slipped off. . . so I gave both of them to my daughter who LOVES homemade bread. I prefer mine, it has a bigger tub and I have a hot roll recipe that is the best I have ever tried and it works beautifully in this machine. . . .going to try pizza dough this week to see how it does.

For those of you who just use it to get your bread to the point where you bake it in your oven, do you let it rise once, then take it out, flour and knead it a little bit and put it in the bread pan and let rise again, or just how do you do it? I would do that, if I wasn't scared I would ruin it. Help me please!!!!

Quote:
YES YES YES PLEASE !!!! I would like tha recipe.
I just got my rolls out of the oven and ..... well lets just there is room for improvement. I made the machine dough then made balls about 2" put in baking pan, let rise for about an hour and baked for 30 at 400. They are OK but the top is quite crunchy. I brushed with melted margarine before and after baking.

Where did I go wrong ???

I love my bread machine! I paid like $20.00 for it in a thrift shop and it's gotten tons of use. I always bake my bread in the oven like others have said. I bought my daughter one for a gift and paid only $15.00. I see them all the time used.

I got my Kitchen Aid mixer as a gift and I love it! (My DD says it's actually hers because she uses it more!
gig.gif
) Whatever!

If you're trying to decide between the two just for breadmaking I'd choose the bread machine first.

I don't have a bread machine, but I do have a stand mixer and love it! I think it does more for the space it takes up in my kitchen than a bread machine would. But space is a premium in my little kitchen.

I bought both....

I set the bread machine up the night before, I have fresh bread in the morning.
I can make lots of stuff in both of them.
My Stand mixer as the bread hook so I can use it for all my other baking needs, plus grind meat so I can make Jerky!

the pull apart bread turned out perfect! i was surprised, because it is only the second time ive ever used my bread machine, but it turned out great. i just made white bread the way the manual told me to, but didn't bake it, took out the dough, made balls out of the dough, coated each in first butter, then cinnamon sugar, put them all in the pan again, baked for 40 min in the machine, and it was great.

im particularly pleased with the machine because our kitchen is being remodeled, so there is no way for me to bake in the normal oven right now, so it is a real lifesaver for me, i was dieing to bake something.

I love the bread machine because we can make bread without heating up the house.

Some people don't like the shape of the loaf; I say if they don't like, don't eat it.

Always sift the flour first. Make sure your yeast is fresh. Try all sorts of receipes until you find one you like.

And beware, bread machines will sure put weight on you.

Rufus

Quote:
YES YES YES PLEASE !!!! I would like tha recipe.
I just got my rolls out of the oven and ..... well lets just there is room for improvement. I made the machine dough then made balls about 2" put in baking pan, let rise for about an hour and baked for 30 at 400. They are OK but the top is quite crunchy. I brushed with melted margarine before and after baking.

Where did I go wrong ???

Put Ingredients in machine in the order that I list them. (this is important)

1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup warm milk
1 egg
1/3 cup margarine
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 3/4 cup all purpose flour (run thou sifter)
1 1/2 package of yeast

Put on dough setting and let rise once in bread machine then remove and mix another 1/4 cup margarine into dough. Set oven to 375 and form dough into
balls for rolls. (2" is fine, mine were probably a little bigger) Place a rack on stove top and set pan of dough (I cover mine with saran rap) and let rise for about
45 minutes. Put in oven after a few minutes you can lightly baste with more margarine, bake rolls for 10 minutes. I put mine on a lower rack, not all the way down but the
2nd rack up from the bottom and sometimes in the end I might turn on the broiler for just a minute to get a nice brown color on top but watch them the whole time
they are in the broiler as to not burn.

Back
Top Bottom