Bread

Ok so I want to ask a question. There was JGs for sale on craigslist and they had feathered feet. Is it possible that they are a mixed JG or did the owner have the breed wrong. I would love to here your guys opinions.

I bought a got them from Meyer Hatchery, I have about 10 roosters that will need to be processed here soon but I will keeping the JG and Buff Brahma.
Meyers doesn't carry either blue Australorps or blue Jersey Giants, though they do carry the black versions of both those breeds. However, they have blue Orpingtons and blue Andalusians. Orpingtons usually have more pinkish/white legs (though I am not sure how much this applies to blue Orpingtons, I have heard that they have darker legs). Blue Andalusians will have slate or black legs for sure. But by body shape, he looks more like an Orpington to me.

Meyers doesn't carry either blue Australorps or blue Jersey Giants, though they do carry the black versions of both those breeds. However, they have blue Orpingtons and blue Andalusians. Orpingtons usually have more pinkish/white legs (though I am not sure how much this applies to blue Orpingtons, I have heard that they have darker legs). Blue Andalusians will have slate or black legs for sure. But by body shape, he looks more like an Orpington to me.
Thanks for some clarification on what breeds Meyers has. He is a Blue Orpington, because Andalusians have white earlobes.

Thanks for some clarification on what breeds Meyers has. He is a Blue Orpington, because Andalusians have white earlobes.
Ah, thank you! I didn't know about that distinction (I have not owned either blue Orpingtons or blue Andalusians myself, though I have had other blue breeds).
Andalusians also have a lot lighter body shape and aren’t that big.

Back
Top Bottom