Breakfast issues... suggestions, anyone?

Quote:
Me too...best forum ever. People here don't look down of us country folks.

Yup... being "country folks" is a high ideal around here.
big_smile.png

It's funny but here where I live, people like to try and pretend they aren't county, when the majority of them are as country as a gourd dipper.

Quote:
I'm non-American, and have only just been introduced to burritos (I lived a sheltered life!) ... can someone tell me how to make these please?
smile.png

eggs really are grab and go if you boil them the night before.

I like a piece of toast with peanut butter and chopped almonds on top.If the bread is whole grain its a good healthy start

wedges of apple with peanut butter also a good healthy choice.

All of these are good choices because they have protein and will get you started .A heavy load of carbs in the morning and you'll be crashing before you get to your first break.

Quote:
I'm non-American, and have only just been introduced to burritos (I lived a sheltered life!) ... can someone tell me how to make these please?
smile.png

I think “burrito’s” are supposed to have beans so here is how to make breakfast tacos, or add some beans and make them officially burritos! Burritos do not have to be fried.

The easiest way is to first brown some pan sausage in a skillet (about ¼ cup per burrito) then break a couple of eggs into the sausage while it’s still in the skillet. Mix the eggs and sausage and cook until the eggs are done.

If you have a gas stove, brown a tortilla over the fire on your stove (they burn quickly). Do NOT try this with an electric stove. For an electric stove you will need to use another skillet or you can just nuke the tortilla for a few seconds in the microwave.

Portion out the sausage and egg mixture onto the tortilla, sprinkle with cheese and fold in half....or roll it.....it all taste the same!
smile.png

You can get creative and use your choice of just about any ingredient that fits into the tortilla... beans, potatoes, link sausage, left over hamburger, etc.

My very favorite breakfast is potato, egg and cheese but I also really like brisket, bean and cheese with some pico de gallo.

Don’t forget the hot sauce.

Hey, what part of non-American are you from, anyway??

I thought 'burrito' was anything wrapped/rolled in a tortilla.?. And taco was in a baked/fried shell.?. I could be wrong. You can warm and soften a flour tortilla in the microwave as well as a pan or oven.

Last edited:
Quote:
Quit it..... I'm hungry now and PEC is MY FAVORITE!!! Little place a few blocks down sells them on the weekends and they are fabulous, better than what I can make....
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif

burrito, taco, tostada, chimichanga, sopes, all are pretty much the same thing: beans, meat, rice, with lettuce, tomato, sour cream all rolled up/ folded up in either a flour or corn tortilla.
lau.gif

Last edited:
Thanks, BettyR for the Praline Sticky Buns recipe!!!
celebrate.gif

Middle DD and I llllooooooovvvvveeeesss them, and this is THE BEST TIME OF YEAR to make 'em and eat 'em, right before you do outside chores in the snow!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom