Breast blisters and cut up wing tips

Like the others have mentioned, I wouldn't start antibiotics either. You'd be surprised at the gaping hole left in my ducks foot after a long problem with it. I filled it up with triple antibiotic ointment and bandaged her up. Her foot healed up quickly. It'd be difficult to bandage this up but I like your idea of a bandaid a lot 😃
Well, I guess Eddie does have a breast bumble and not a breast blister..?

So the bandaid was a big disappointment, I cleaned the area where the bandaid would go, let it dry, the cut the bandaid so it would fit around her feathers, both bandaids I tried didn't stick. I decided to just stuff it with neosporin and leave it.
I had someone put her into the dog cage this morning just in case... when I woke up she looked fine but then I saw she was in a big, semi wet, cecal poop and was laying directly in it. She hasn't done that for a few months now

I gave her a bath and looked at the wound, it doesn't look like there is much healing but I will find some sprays I have as well to use. She is currently in her therapy chair and I brought Dev in to comfort her.

I guess I do have vetericyn. Which spray is best?

Attachments

• 90130ADB-1D35-4F4B-8D40-D442F5CF3D3F.jpeg
    90130ADB-1D35-4F4B-8D40-D442F5CF3D3F.jpeg
    526.3 KB · Views: 5
Don't give antibiotics. Just slather on some antibiotic ointment-ones that contain pramoxine pain killer or no pain killer are fine-and leave it alone. I've had hens with keel scabs in the past. Don't pull them off. They can dry alone and just flake off themselves. One of the best things to have is Vetericyn wound spray that is safe for birds-it comes in several forms. It is not antibiotic, but it helps healing tremendously. Spray on the wound two or three times each day.
Agreed.

@Eddie12109 I would still use the Vetericyn, it's not that far out of date and should be fine to use.

Ok I will use the vetericyn. I have not been touching it but when I do look at it, it is still an open, deep wound.

It has closed well. It looks all good.

So another Eddie mystery...
Eddie’s tail feathers aren’t growing correctly. The middle tail feather that is the strongest is not growing right neither are the two on both sides of it. I tried to take pictures, it’s not a quill, it’s very hard to describe, hopefully the pictures do it justice.

Oh and Eddie has had these white dots in her eye for awhile now, probably more than 5 months. I was told it could be cataracts but it doesn’t seem likely. Now I have been told it could be an infection. I ordered teramycin, what is the regular “dose” I should give. Like how often and for how long. She isn’t blind, she sees very well from both eyes.

So in one eye, she has these three cloudy white dots and in the other, it’s a cloudy white mix that is just a splatter, it’s not in a formation.

I will take pictures and attach them now too. I tried to zoom into two of the tail feather growths and the eye is her left one, the one will the dots

Attachments

• 60924554-1AC1-4A92-A3E3-AFD0E6267E80.jpeg
    60924554-1AC1-4A92-A3E3-AFD0E6267E80.jpeg
    458.4 KB · Views: 3
  • FBFD335D-F99E-4CD8-89DD-F574289608F2.jpeg
    FBFD335D-F99E-4CD8-89DD-F574289608F2.jpeg
    371.1 KB · Views: 6
  • BC813961-854C-44B9-9D2A-183F065AD02C.png
    BC813961-854C-44B9-9D2A-183F065AD02C.png
    7.5 MB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom