Breastfeeding in public

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a mom type, but when it's done covered up, even though it's obvious what procedure is going on, it's kinda motherly and sweet. But I certainly don't want to see somebody else's big engorged mammary floppin' around.

I breastfeed both of mine up to 10 months. I did it in public but I had special nursing tops or pullover tops on me along with a blanket over my shoulder covering me and the baby. It worked just fine except when they got a little over enthusastic and made smacking type noises.
I think in a public place discretion should be used especially in mixed company and with other little ones around.

I have to add that on the other side I have a friend who when she found out that I nursed all my kids said, and I quote, "That's the most disgusting thing I've ever heard! I would never do that. My breasts belong to my husband." She's weird and somehow still my friend!
roll.png

gig.gif
I would rather see a breastfeeding mom, than one changing a diaper!
gig.gif

If you don't like it - DON'T LOOK! Simple. (unless she's sitting across a table or something from you)

Thank you for separating those two topics.

I breastfed three kids, for a long time, in two cases, and most definitely breastfed in public. The more of us do, the more others will feel comfortable and we are helping raise awareness of how important breastfeeding is, for those of us lucky enough to be able to use what we have been given for the love of our children.

Breastfeeding isnt only food. Shouldnt love take its place center stage whenever possible, in this unloving culture of ours? Arent bodies for love and nourishment instead of just fake sexy anorectic display in advertisements?

Anyway a woman once got thrown out of court for nursing in my town, by an ignorant court officer who was offended. She was there supporting her neighbor in her quest for a restraining order against a violent ex, I believe. We organized a nuse-in on the courthouse steps, with moms, dads and babies galore, each with our own appropriate ways of nursing, each beautiful and it was totally sweet. You church folk might like to know, also, that one minister in town was there nursing her own tot. A great time was had by all, and I remember my youngest nursing while my two older drank sippy cups of mil for the news cameras!

Yeah breastfeeding is natural but so is having sex & I for one dont want to see either in public. My SIL always made it a point to flop it out wherever she was and she was not discreet about it. I for one dont want to see a big droppy breast while I am eating Thats just me I guess.

In Florida the law specifically allows a woman to breast feed in public, anywhere that a child of that age would is allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom