Breastfeeding in public

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
clap.gif
Couldn't agree more!!

Quote:
Then don't look?

Funny thing is, I used to sling my children as well. I guess I was uber modest b/c I would be feeding them IN the sling (completed covered because that's the type I used) and nosy morons would come grab the sling down to see the baby. WHOOPS! Got to see a face full of something else instead!

I think breast feeding in public is a perfect normal thing. If the kids hungry let the kid eat. I do however believe the mom should be a little bit nicer to others and throw a blanket or something over her. As it does freak alot of people out.

to be honest I would rather see people breast feeding in public then changing diapers in public, which sadly see ALL THE TIME!

Quote:
Haven't you boys noticed?.......Women are way meaner and catty to another woman than most men ever thought about being to a woman.

Last edited:
go rodandbrandy and go asher! Proud mother who nursed for eight and half years and loved every minute of it and whose children still remember the love!

btw no one is sayng reasts arent sexual or men dont like breasts, but we are saying that you can enjoy your sexuality in adult privacy and still find nursing, the act of nursing babies, people, to be appropriate family business. If feeding children isnt appropriate family viewing then what on God's green earth is?!

Nowhere but in te U.S. could this conversation even be going on! Have you people who thinkk feeding babies is so dirty and provocative ever been anywhere else?

I have breastfed or seen breastfeeding in let me count - five different European countries, where everyone stops to talk about your baby while you feed, Mexico, where grandpas and grandmas patted me on the head and smiled, and seven countries in Africa where everybdy calls you sister or mama and kisses your babys feet while you nurse.

The only place I know of where you REALLY would get in trouble is Saudi Arabia, but then -Oh dear - WOMEN CANT DRIVE THERE EITHER!

Gee, guys, maybe we should just wear a burka with a little netting to see out of and that would help you all.

grr. btw, I'm not only a nurser, but a nurse too, like an R.N., like lots of you, my peeps. and we nurses on this board can tell you that people who are uncomfortable with their bodies, in all their glory, and can't talk about them or see themselves as anthing but shameful, are generally the ones in ill health as they go on.

Maybe I'll surrender my drivers' license - and who really needs the right to vote!?

Despite all the good jokes about canteloupes and ice cream scoops, we all know tat helathy men can see things both ways. Nursing is neither sexy or dirty. It's human parenting at its best.

Geez, Louise!

Love.

I am on my third baby and have breastfed every one. My daughter would only accept the breast until solid food, would not accept a bottle at all so even pumping and bottlefeeding it to her was out. It is recommended that all babies receive breastmilk any way they can, and to breast feed for at least a year. I've breastfed as needed in public and if you use a receiving blanket most people don't even know the baby isn't just being held. I've even had my family doctor walk into the exam room and be surprised that I had been feeding the baby the whole time he was talking to me. So it can be done discreetly. So I am all for it! A big bonus that it supports superior eye and brain development. Not to mention less spit ups, babies seem to prefer the taste. And it stains clothes way less than formula.
smile.png
Just my 2 cents!

Quote:
Thank you for posting this.... I knew it was different in other countries, but having never been there myself, I couldn't say with certainty!
big_smile.png

Quote:
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
For effect? Absolutely!

Cause: Baby hungry; baby cries

Effect: Baby gets feds; baby stops being hungry and crying

I am discreet and incredibly modest, but I would breastfeed where ever and whenever my child(ren) needed to eat, but I very rarely fed them in the bathroom. I definitely wasn't trying to accomplish anything other than feed my child. I definitely wasn't trying to attract a man.
hu.gif

I'm a woman, but it excites me when I see a woman breastfeeding. NO! Not like that! In a, I hardly ever see it way! I am always sure to go up and give them kudos, too!

So the minute your baby cried, you immediatley started to feed it? Only you believe that. You can't go somewhere private to feed your baby? What if a man decided he wanted to take out his genitial and scratch it in public, you would be OK w/that? After all it's natural...... Asher you were proud of the fact that you breast fed and wanted the world to see it..........at least deal w/reality.

I'm not against breast feeding (as I had to convince my wife and her family to do it), it just doesn't need to be done in public.

Quote:
SO much to say but I won't
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

But I will say this.... I have never understood what the big fuss was
over breastfeeding..Good Grief!! dats what they are there for!

But then again I'm not one of those ppl whose every orfice is puckered
ep.gif

Asher...Everything is again rite with the world
wee.gif
ya got it back up
ya.gif

John
old.gif

Well I look at it this way if you want to breast feed and not cover up then you arent that far from being a great ape. Supposedly we are a civilized society and therefore are better adapted to do things in a way that is intelectually above that of the apes but if you want to pull you tit out and show your nipples to feed your baby then do it but dont be surprised if i give you a dirty look as if you were an ape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom