Breed and gender?

I like your thinking Brandon lol. But I dont know. Seems more people are saying rooster.

Quote:
It would help to see it pictured with your other chickens - for size reference in order to judge its age.

If it's still very young (2-3 months), it's a roo (based on that comb and wattles). But... there are no pointed saddle feathers yet, so it's possible that it's a Cornish X pullet that is close to laying age, especially since the previous owners didn't have a coop and it may have free-ranged a lot instead of laying around gettting fatter and fatter. But.... Cornish Cross chickens don't typically live very long even when allowed to free-range.

Thanks guys. I was reading that they dont usually live very long
sad.png
I was outside with this bird last night and it sits right up against me unlike my other birds. It would figure this will either be a bird that I cant keep, or a bird that doesnt live very long <sigh>.

Quote:
I know it seems like the cornish crosses are such gentle chickens! At least mine were, I almost wish they were mean that would have made the processing process so much easier.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom