Breed and Sex of Found Chicken

Mine let me touch them if I'm sitting out there and they walk by, but they don't enjoy it, they try to dodge and weave, and if it's the RIR, she pecks me. :(

Lou crowed loud as could be and plain as day today.
If anyone near mn wants him he needs a new home asap. The neighbor flipped out on me

I had raised four buff orpingtons form day old chicks. ALL OF THEM turned out to be roosters. They all looked exactly like your lulu. I was in denial for a month or so because they were the sweetest thing. Then one morning I heard the most awkward noise in the entire world! Within about 3 weeks all of them were crowing and trying to decide in which one was the head roo. unfortunately, as friendly as they were when I raised them, they all got very territorial when I entered their field and I had a tough time getting in or out without distracting them with food. I picked up mine as day-olds in May and by mid September they were all attempting to crow.

Lou has himself a beautiful new barn to run in for as long as nature lets him live. A friend of my sisters owns a farm south of our house and was willing to take our young man. They don't eat chickens the chickens they have on the farm are simply there. They don't even look for the eggs of their hens anymore, who are actually getting to be old ladies. So my young guy just inherited 8 old hens to protect. An entire barn for a coop, and plenty of scratching area.

I believe this rooster is about to live the good life.

I mean while am stuck with a pair of heartbroken preschool aged girls who don't understand the rule that you can't own a rooster in city limit.

I'm hoping Lou will find one of those hens is still laying, and she will be a good mom and make some baby girls that we can bring home in the spring.

Back
Top Bottom