Breed and sex these please?

How hot is it where you are?

Hello all here they are now at approx 2.5 months...
Thoughts?

Can you post current photos? Every pullet I had got very red combs a lot very early because of the heat. They honestly look like pullets to me with flushed red combs though for two of them they are fairly large. Other than the one in the front of the second photo. I agree they look older than 3 months.

Last edited:
Here is a good example of what I'm talking about. The bird on the left is a cockerel and the one on the right is a bantam pullet. Her comb and wattles were red and developed early. I was convinced for a long time that she was a he.

Can you post current photos? Every pullet I had got very red combs a lot very early because of the heat. They honestly look like pullets to me with flushed red combs though for two of them they are fairly large. Other than the one in the front of the second photo. I agree they look older than 3 months.

I only have one from last week of one that I thought is a rooster here it is

Do they have hackle and saddle feathers? They should by this age if they are roosters. No way to tell anything from that photo.

They are my first ever, so I'm not quite sure what those are supposed to look like, and when I try and compare with a picture, I can't really tell
1f623.png

They are my first ever, so I'm not quite sure what those are supposed to look like, and when I try and compare with a picture, I can't really tell
1f623.png

Look at the neck area and the area right before the tail for pointed feathering (they can be very small on young cockerels). You may have to lift up the feathers to look for the ones coming in. If they are thin and pointed they are male feathers. Females have wide feathers that are rounded at the ends in these areas.

This shows the two areas.

Hen in front and rooster in back. Notice the difference in the feathers around the two areas.

Look at the neck area and the area right before the tail for pointed feathering (they can be very small on young cockerels). You may have to lift up the feathers to look for the ones coming in. If they are thin and pointed they are male feathers. Females have wide feathers that are rounded at the ends in these areas.

This shows the two areas.

Hen in front and rooster in back. Notice the difference in the feathers around the two areas.

Yes I see, I think they're still too small to see, I can't really tell

Back
Top Bottom