BREED CHECK please and sex guesses...

They have quite bad rep. Or so I heard…cause most of these BYC mystery threads. Once of the reasons why BYC is so helpful.
Definitely agree!!! Id be searching forever. I literally have dreams about trying to find out my chicken breeds!!! It keeps my up at night and everything. So bad. That is why i am so thankful when i get answers on here!!! Im able to sleep better! Even searching the threads helped.
I thought my bantams were all golden sebright until i read here that they dont have feathered legs 😲
Come to find out half were golden sebrights and half are mille fleur d'Uccle!! Never would have know if not for BYC!!! I feel knowing what breeds i have is so important to know. I made a whole spreadsheet with the info and fill in and change as time goes along!

Any guess on breeds!? One i have been concerned with is squishg. All the other 6 feathered and tailed out much faster. Squishy also got stepped on when very young so we are just surprised it survived....big momma was taking care of it the whole time though!
Toffee and Pooper look like my New Hampshire chicks (but might be red sex links), Liberty looks like an Easter Egger, Taffy and Henrietta look like they are Amber links, the other white ones are probably either more amber links or leghorns, you’ll have to probably wait a bit longer on big momma and I’m not really sure on squishy, but I’ll go with what TSC said for now. :)
I hope this is helpful.

These are my New Hampshire chicks vs my red sex link chicks. First 2 pictures are a New Hampshire and the last one was my red sex link (golden comet) AmeliaEggHeart that I got last year.

Attachments

• 4034BE22-ADF8-42C8-9DD4-63CC0D955A82.jpeg
    4034BE22-ADF8-42C8-9DD4-63CC0D955A82.jpeg
    471.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 6685B458-F525-4672-B39C-C5605BE75915.jpeg
    6685B458-F525-4672-B39C-C5605BE75915.jpeg
    383 KB · Views: 2
  • E0D3435C-90C8-48D3-84BA-B3E1B3AC3794.png
    E0D3435C-90C8-48D3-84BA-B3E1B3AC3794.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
Here’s a better sex link picture. I think she was 4 weeks when this picture was taken. The only thing that makes me think that yours look more like New Hampshire is the black in the feathering. My sex link had white in their feathering, but no black, and my New Hampshire’s have black in their feathers.

Attachments

• 7823AE19-C1B5-4BD0-AE83-F81479F327E5.png
    7823AE19-C1B5-4BD0-AE83-F81479F327E5.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
Toffee and Pooper look like my New Hampshire chicks (but might be red sex links), Liberty looks like an Easter Egger, Taffy and Henrietta look like they are Amber links, the other white ones are probably either more amber links or leghorns, you’ll have to probably wait a bit longer on big momma and I’m not really sure on squishy, but I’ll go with what TSC said for now. :)
I hope this is helpful.

These are my New Hampshire chicks vs my red sex link chicks. First 2 pictures are a New Hampshire and the last one was my red sex link (golden comet) AmeliaEggHeart that I got last year.
Thank you! I will have to look up New Hampshire breed! Havent heard that one yet!
I only had the 2 yellow birds that are supposedly amberlinks. Only leghorns i have are all older.
Is golden comet its name or a breed of red sex link? I havent had any experience with sex links yet!!!

Thank you! I will have to look up New Hampshire breed! Havent heard that one yet!
I only had the 2 yellow birds that are supposedly amberlinks. Only leghorns i have are all older.
Is golden comet its name or a breed of red sex link? I havent had any experience with sex links yet!!!
Red sex links have many names such as red sex links, golden comets, golden sex links, cinnamon queens and probably a few more. It’s all the same breed, just under different names.

I’ve never owned New Hampshire’s, these are my first 2, but so far one is very friendly and the other is still friendly, just not as friendly. I had 4 golden comets, but they got mg and had to be put down :(, but they don’t live very long, so I got New Hampshire’s to compare the breeds and for their longer life span. I’ve seen New Hampshire at TSC more often than golden comets, but they could of had them when you went. I actually went to TSC today, and they had Black Laced red Wyandotte’s labeled as blue laced red Wyandotte’s, so who knows what you actually bought. Lol
I hope you got good breeds, even if they aren’t what you are expecting! :)

I’ve never owned New Hampshire’s, these are my first 2, but so far one is very friendly and the other is still friendly, just not as friendly. I had 4 golden comets, but they got mg and had to be put down :(, but they don’t live very long, so I got New Hampshire’s to compare the breeds and for their longer life span. I’ve seen New Hampshire at TSC more often than golden comets, but they could of had them when you went. I actually went to TSC today, and they had Black Laced red Wyandotte’s labeled as blue laced red Wyandotte’s, so who knows what you actually bought. Lol
I hope you got good breeds, even if they aren’t what you are expecting! :)
Ugh! I want all the blues!!!! So glad i got my sapphire gems!!!! I want a blue frizzle bantam to complete my flock! I love the blue laced red wyandotte too! We have 2 gold laced and theyre so pretty!!! But the blue is my favorite!!!

Ugh! I want all the blues!!!! So glad i got my sapphire gems!!!! I want a blue frizzle bantam to complete my flock! I love the blue laced red wyandotte too! We have 2 gold laced and theyre so pretty!!! But the blue is my favorite!!!
I got a BLRW as my McMurray free chick, and I’m almost 100% sure he’s a cockerel. I’ll keep him though because he’s so pretty and I have the space, just don’t know if I have enough hens for 3-4 roosters. :(

Attachments

• 2CCE3BF0-50E5-4893-97F5-C7F974795715.jpeg
    2CCE3BF0-50E5-4893-97F5-C7F974795715.jpeg
    364.6 KB · Views: 2
  • B6A141F3-A32A-4AAF-9D1C-9F0893C08F6C.jpeg
    B6A141F3-A32A-4AAF-9D1C-9F0893C08F6C.jpeg
    375.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 605DA21D-1B82-457B-B901-AA0EC5533500.jpeg
    605DA21D-1B82-457B-B901-AA0EC5533500.jpeg
    770.4 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom