Breed Gender age? help needed

Terry

Songster
11 Years
Oct 16, 2008
Lexington,NC
ok here it goes...
I have no idea on any of the ages or the breed at this point I'm beggininning to think I have a bunck of 57's lol

this is my guy I call Hansome lol
was told it was a Dominique hmmmm
17215_handsome_left_oct_08_015.jpg

these were purchased sight unseen as a pair of blue Silkies sure does not look as pretty as the ones i've seen r they mixed?

hen
17215_blue_silkie_hen_oct_08.jpg

rooster
17215_blue_silkie_rooster_oct_08.jpg

and these purdy little ones I got from a friend she has no idea breed age hen etc
17215_my_new_girls_oct_08.jpg

17215_new_girls_oct_16_08.jpg

and I have no clue! a few feathers on legs
17215_ugly_oct_08_016.jpg

thx forany and all help in advance

Doms dont have all those solid colored feathers, but Black Sexlink roosters do and they look like Barred Rocks, just messier barring and off color feathers. Since a BSL is made by crossing a RIR with a Barred Rock hen, usually, a Dom hen could have been substituted and the rose comb would be dominant. So, I'm saying is that I think it's a BSL rooster, but made with a Dom hen rather than BR.

Those two blue girls with the poufy heads are Silkie crosses, I believe.

tyvm speckledhen.
On the blue puffy head ones do you mean the fluffy ones on top or the scalopped feathered ones?

The 5th picture down with the two girls in there. They can also be Sultan crosses or Polish crosses, but they are something that has a topknot of sorts. I have three girls who are Cochin/Silkie x Barred Rock. All three have that pouf; in fact, I call them the Poufy-Head Sisters.

Your silkies are silkies, but they are hatchery/pet quality.

I agree with Speckledhen on the rooster and the two poufy headed girls (with blue scalloped feathers).

The bottom one is probably a bantam cochin mix, as it looks similar to the one I have.
smile.png
Mine is from a bantam cochin male and a standard barred rock female.

Back
Top Bottom