Breed & gender help on some abandoned youngsters

Quote:
X2!!!!!

How can you just dump another living thing. I found my dog at the summer camp I was working at but the director didnt want me to keep her so he said that he would have the groundskeeper go dump her at the post office!!!!! She was only 9 months old and weighed 5 lbs.... I then told him about the jail time he could face for dumping her
smile.png
SO now I have a little blessing that I love everyday.

maybe someone didn't have the heart to euthanize them their selves. I got to the plucking stage with my 2 roos and couldn't stomach the smell, ended up bringing them to the woods for the scavengers, no more hatching eggs for me though it is lots of fun. I wonder if the local zoos would take our roos off our hands.

Yeah I agree, some unintelligent and heartless schmuck dumped them in a field after learning they were roos. I personally think that if you agree to own chickens, you take on the responsibility of humanely dealing with the roos that are almost impossible to avoid occasionally getting.

It wasn't even hard when I had to get rid of my roos. Post them on Craigslist with a nice ad offering them for free. People will drive out to pick up your bird for you; its very minimal effort. People would have to be deeply lazy and callous to not even do that much.

Quote:
x 2 I thought just the first one looked like an obvious nobrainer but the more I look the more they are looking rooish, plus someone dumping them should have turned the light on in my brain. LOL Oh and my own sister suggested once that I take my extra roos and let them go she said " some farmer will like having them" of course i didn't I was afraid they would be killed by preditors or someone else. But Sheesh! I feel so dumb! LOL

thanks for all the great advice everyone! i'm near certain that they're all roos at this point. can anyone tell me if the first black one is a bantam or large fowl? i want to get hens but don't know which size to get. when in doubt, should i just get large fowl hens?

Is it the same size as the others? If so, it's large. If it's less than half sized, it's bantam. Go ahead, get big girls anyway. The little guys like big girls!

Back
Top Bottom