Breed ID help?

mermaidgoat

Songster
10 Years
Feb 22, 2009
Vermont
I was given a small flock by a friend but he has no idea what they are. They were purchased from Murray McMurray this spring.
I know there are a few Easter Eggers, but what about the white/black? Or the one with feathered feet?
Still working on getting close to them - they're a bit skittish.
20170923_093900.jpg
20170923_093839.jpg

Disregard the Wyandotte on the right - she's a known entity.
Thanks for any help!

Hi, hope you are enjoying BYC! :frow

I'm gonna take a first guess at the feather footed and say it may be a partridge Cochin.

Looking at their site to see if I can find out the others.

Thanks!
I love this site - I don't post a lot but I've been lurking since 2009 and I've learned so much.

Have you gone to McMurray web site and look at everything they have? That's how we get clues sometimes.

Your 2 black and white girls, thinking mottled something. But note one has yellow legs while the other is white or slate I think. The one with the whitish legs, does it also have white ear lobes? If so, it will be a white layer as well. I can't tell what kind of comb it has either.

I was given a small flock by a friend but he has no idea what they are. They were purchased from Murray McMurray this spring.
I know there are a few Easter Eggers, but what about the white/black? Or the one with feathered feet?
View attachment 1143376 View attachment 1143377
Thanks for any help!
Second from the right is an EE, 3rd from the right is an Hamburg the other I can't identify.

Those are so cute!

View attachment 1143376 View attachment 1143377
Thanks for any help!

The black and white one that doesn't have yellow legs is a silver spangled hamburg pullet, the feather-footed one is a cochin pullet, the orange/brown one in the corner is a easter egger cockerel, and the orange/gray one next to the EE cockerel is an easter egger pullet. I'm not sure on the breed of the two black and white pullets (with yellow legs).

Back
Top Bottom