Breed ID, Please!

Sp0iledFl0ck

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 1, 2012
I have no idea what breed he is, only that he doesn't match the breeds listed for the batch of birds I got. He's rusty all over, but on his shoulders, the tips of the feathers are slightly lighter colour, he has a little black in his tail. He's two months old.

I have no idea what breed he is, only that he doesn't match the breeds listed for the batch of birds I got. He's rusty all over, but on his shoulders, the tips of the feathers are slightly lighter colour, he has a little black in his tail. He's two months old.

looks like a hatchery New Hampshire Red, oh and its cockerel... but it could be a cross also

New Hampshire
85877_101_0915_800x600.jpg

Hhmm, the difference I see between the two is the NH Red has a red fleshy face; my roo has a feathered face. He prob is a mix of NH and something else.

I figured he was a roo a few weeks ago; he's the only one of the six with a comb! I figured I'd like to know what breed, just in case I raise chicks from him later, and want to ID the cross. Thanks.

A

With the little amount of tail black he has at the moment I'd lean towards him being a red sex-link male or crossbreed not so much a New Hampshire but things can always change in the next couple to three months. He will get a more reddened faced as he comes into maturity that biddy fuzz(down) on his face will disappear with time too.

Jeff.

I know, it's prob a bit early to tell....I think he's gonna be handsome guy, whatever he is! I looked through the "Breeds" tab on the site this morning; he does look like a sex-link. I guess I'm just impatient. First-time chicken mom; can you tell :)

Angela

Back
Top Bottom