Breed of my two new ladies

Ricchan

Chirping
Jun 21, 2022
Hi again!
I picked up these two lovely ladies, wondering what breed they are!

Coffee:
20220623_203621.jpg

Milk:
1656048848700.png

1656048874967.png

1656048630741.png

Have an Austrolorp/Legbar mutt who lays light blue eggs. She looks like an Austrolorp except her waddles and comb are distinctly shaped. Kind of A cream color to it unless it is just the lighting. If they're mutts it is A dice roll which egg color gene will pop up. I have one mutt nobody has given A clear answer what she even is, till she lays I won't have A clear idea at least what her dominant genes are.

Easter eggers of some sort. Usually mutts, despite what sellers say which makes it A hard call. The "Chops" say you'll be getting colored eggs eventually.
1656049810475.png

I'm not sure who laid this one, but this egg was in their hutch today. Looked white-ish?

Typically it is. My two EE girls lay a more ice-blue shade, and it's been said that true Ameraucanas lay a more vibrant blue. But I still find your egg shade quite pretty.
Awh shucks thanks. I'm curious what your EE eggies look like! Ice-blue sounds so pretty.

Awh shucks thanks. I'm curious what your EE eggies look like! Ice-blue sounds so pretty.
One used to lay a greener tint, but hers have faded to the same shade of blue as the other hen's as she's aged (they're all 2 going on 3 years old now) I had six hens at the time this phot was taken: 2 dominiques, (speckled and nonspeckled medium brown) 1 speckled sussex (golden tan color) 1 buff orp (pink) and 2 EEs (blue-green)
The Orpington girl has since passed and is dearly missed, as are her pinkish eggs.
1656054350745.png

One used to lay a greener tint, but hers have faded to the same shade of blue as the other hen's as she's aged (they're all 2 going on 3 years old now) I had six hens at the time this phot was taken: 2 dominiques, (speckled and nonspeckled medium brown) 1 speckled sussex (golden tan color) 1 buff orp (pink) and 2 EEs (blue-green)
The Orpington girl has since passed and is dearly missed, as are her pinkish eggs.
View attachment 3161202
Wow those eggs are gorgeous! I'm sorry to hear about your Oprington :( I hope I have a flock that lays eggs as pretty as this someday. Thanks for sharing this with me! ☺️

Back
Top Bottom