Breed Science-- making a new breed.

Pics
It was a study through an old experiment I found several years ago.

I only replied because my post was quoted.
Oh thanks for the info, but is it true that the hybrids are retarded ? And if so then how ? I’ve had chickens with mental retardation before where it would constantly keep repeating the same mistake and eventually got abused and eaten alive by the others. So is it the same thing with the churks ?

Oh thanks for the info, but is it true that the hybrids are retarded ? And if so then how ? I’ve had chickens with mental retardation before where it would constantly keep repeating the same mistake and eventually got abused and eaten alive by the others. So is it the same thing with the churks ?
It was because chickens, & turkeys share different numbers of chromosomes. I can post the study, if I can find it.

I've never had a case of this in chickens with as many years I've been breeding them.

You're in
Well the ones we have here in southern kurdistan have been crossed with a few other breeds as well so they’re quite resilient. Never seen a barn reared one get sick or have any health issues.
in a completely different part of the world from OP. There is no way for birds from your home to come to their home so they can't use them for the project then.

You're in
in a completely different part of the world from OP. There is no way for birds from your home to come to their home so they can't use them for the project then.
The CornishX we have here are designed to self destruct around 8 weeks. It's often a struggle to get them even to 10 weeks of age

Back
Top Bottom