Chirping
Jul 9, 2017
IMG_0889.PNG
IMG_0889.PNG
IMG_0890.PNG
IMG_0891.PNG
IMG_0892.PNG
IMG_0893.PNG
i don't know what breed some of my chickens are!! Can you help?

Yep, I agree, but nowadays a lot of local feed stores are selling Isa Browns... IS that the same thing as red sex link? Just wondered. Thanks! Very pretty flock you have!!
They are not the same breed, but they have very similar characteristics. They are both very good layers, and have nice personalities towards people (at least mine do, not towards new birds, though) but the thing that separates them the most is sexing them when they're chicks. Isa browns are much harder to sex than golden sex links (that's why they're called a sex link!). GSL chicks that are girls look very different of those that are boys, so you can sex them by simply looking at them. Isa browns require a vent or wing sex to determine their gender.

As for your cornish rock, you must cull it before 6 months of age or it will start having all sorts of health problems such as heart attacks, broken legs, etc. Cornish meat birds are genetically specified to grow fast for meat; faster than their poor bodies can handle. I though a first glance it was a whit leghorn, but cornish meat birds have very distinct short bodies and fatter legs

Back
Top Bottom