Breed?

And how do i make it better quality
What are you feeding? I recommend feeding at least 18% protein to chickens.

The quality is based off of their blood lines and background. There's nothing much that you can do to improve that in them. I like Orps that are nice and fluffy. He is lacking in the tail department and his coloring is not very good.

At night I feed the hens layer feed/layena with barely any oyster shell because too much can kill or severely injure the hen. In the morning i feed them hen scratch

she loves when i cover her with something warm and soft

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 1
At night I feed the hens layer feed/layena with barely any oyster shell because too much can kill or severely injure the hen. In the morning i feed them hen scratch
Scratch is known to lower protein, as it doesn't have a lot. Since you have a rooster, I HIGHLY recommend switching to an All-Flock or Flock raiser type feed, with less that 2% calcium. Why? Well because roosters and chicks who are not laying eggs do not need the extra calcium found in layer feed. Chickens are really good at regulating feed and their needs. They know when to get more calcium.

So, its much easier just to provide OS (oyster shells) in a SEPARATE container, where it cannot get wet. Roosters and hens, alike, will eat it, but hens will know that they need more. They know how much they are supposed to eat and OS lasts a very long time. Thats how I feed my flock, I feed a 20% protein Flock raiser with OS on the side 24/7. Just make sure the OS doesn't get wet.

Scratch is known to lower protein, as it doesn't have a lot. Since you have a rooster, I HIGHLY recommend switching to an All-Flock or Flock raiser type feed, with less that 2% calcium. Why? Well because roosters and chicks who are not laying eggs do not need the extra protein found in layer feed. Chickens are really good at regulating feed and thier needs. They know when to get more calcium.

So, its much easier just to provide OS (oyster shells) in a SEPARATE container where it cannot get wet. Roosters and hens, alike, will eat it, but hens will know that they need more. They know how much they are supposed to eat and OS lasts a very long time. Thats how I feed my flock, I feed a 20% protein Flock raiser with OS on the side 24/7. Just make sure the OS doesn't get wet.
Thank you and i will consider switching

Back
Top Bottom