Breeders/chicks in Northern California?

mishafarms

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 12, 2009
Corning, Ca
Hi all,

If the weather holds and we can get the coop finished, I'll be looking for peeps in the beginning of April.

Willing to travel a few hours from Corning. We are about 1 1/2 hour N of Sac, 1 hour S of Redding, 1/2 NW of Chico.

Thanks in advance,
Sharon

Hi Sharon,

I'm from Redding. I hope you have luck finding a breeder out here. When I got my chicks, we spoke to several feed stores and they all order them from hatcheries, not local breeders.

If you have to order from a hatchery do it early, they are usually behind on orders in the spring. We ordered ours from Cackle hatchery on March 3, and did not get them until April 18.
he.gif

Good Luck

I lived in Eureka for 3 years and couldnt find a single breeder locally. I heard down south they have chicks but i couldnt drive that far and feel ok with the babies in the car for that long. We waited till we moved to WA to get our chicks but maybe hatching eggs from a BYC member may be your best bet.
hu.gif

I know Ideal hatchery is in Fresno, but their birds aren't anything special.

I am really just looking for Orpingtons, silkies, and RIRs. those are my absoloute favorites. but I need live birds, I don't have an incubator for hatching eggs.

Back
Top Bottom