breeding 55 Flowery Leghorns

The pictures on GFF show the mottling to have more white in the hens.  Does the white increase with age?

My 55s were supposed to arrive today, but the post office lost them.
pretty much any mottled bird is going to gain more and more white as it ages. The birds on gff wwbsite appear to be silver base also where as most of what cj posted is gold based

I believe CJ's are also from GFF. So GFF are breeding a mix of silver and gold base? My GFF chicks finally arrived surviving a night at LAX. I also had one yellow male and two light chipmunk males like Minihorse's shipment. Can we assume the yellow male is silver based and the two light chipmunk gold? Just trying to imagine what mine will look like.

Mine are feathering in as a trio of silver base and the rest gold base. They are breeding silver and gold base together at green fire to my understanding. My really light male is silver while the two light chipmunk type with headspots are gold. The silver are lighter colored with grayish chick down in the chipmunk pattern.

I believe mine are all gold. One might be a silver? maybe? although I think they're all gold. I got some updated pictures I'll post tonight. Most of them are getting more white.

I believe mine are all gold. One might be a silver? maybe? although I think they're all gold. I got some updated pictures I'll post tonight. Most of them are getting more white.
it may be the lighting but the one in the first picture you posted looks like it may be silver

Dang. I was hoping for silvers. What are the odds. I bought 15 pullets and didn't get a single silver.
odd. I bought 8 pullets and 2 cockerels. They sent one extra pair. I believe 2 of mine to be silver and 1 silver cockerel

odd. I bought 8 pullets and 2 cockerels. They sent one extra pair. I believe 2 of mine to be silver and 1 silver cockerel
Minihorse, Could you post side-by-sides of your silver and gold pullets and cockerels? Are you basing it on the wing feathers? Hmm...I only get an extra cockerel.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom