Breeding a tolbunt polish and frizzle

Kirbabychick

Chirping
Mar 30, 2021
Hi guys, so I have a question, I'm not experienced with the whole breeding thing, come spring I was going to breed my tolbunt polishes, so tomorrow I am going to get a rooster I seen and fell in love with. I'm not sure the type maybe someone can help me, but can I breed him with my tolbunt hens and what color would offspring most likely be?
Screenshot_20220104-153923_Facebook.jpg

Hi guys, so I have a question, I'm not experienced with the whole breeding thing, come spring I was going to breed my tolbunt polishes, so tomorrow I am going to get a rooster I seen and fell in love with. I'm not sure the type maybe someone can help me, but can I breed him with my tolbunt hens and what color would offspring most likely be?View attachment 2950077
I sounded like you don't know what the breed is. If you don't, then I will tell you. It is a frizzled buff laced polish. So if you bred him you would prob get something laced, because I am pretty sure tolbunts were made using gold laced polishs and mille fleur polishs.

My best guess is that he is maybe a frizzle laced silkie?
Frizzle, yes (because of how the feathers are shaped).
Laced, yes (because the feathers have white "lacing" along their edges.)
Not Silkie, because he has normal-textured feathers, not silkie feathers.

It is a frizzled buff laced polish.
I agree :thumbsup

So if you bred him you would prob get something laced, because I am pretty sure tolbunts were made using gold laced polishs and mille fleur polishs.
I was thinking the same thing. The chicks will probably be colored much like the rooster, because the mottling in the tolbunt pattern is caused by a recessive gene (so it won't be visible if the chicks only inherit that gene from their mother).

Hi guys, so I have a question, I'm not experienced with the whole breeding thing, come spring I was going to breed my tolbunt polishes, so tomorrow I am going to get a rooster I seen and fell in love with. I'm not sure the type maybe someone can help me, but can I breed him with my tolbunt hens and what color would offspring most likely be?View attachment 2950077
He is beautiful! Nice lacing! My best guess is that he is maybe a frizzle laced silkie? But these guys know a lot more than me at genetics : @NatJ @nicalandia @MysteryChicken

Back
Top Bottom