Breeding with Polish Rooster

JordannL

Songster
Jul 7, 2023
W.V.
Hi!!! So I have 22 chickens! 2 being my Tolbunt Polish Roosters. The rest are hens. My girls are still on the young side (2-3.5months old) I'm wondering what mixes are going to be cute if we did decide to breed In the future? Or what I could mix to have frizzle (if possible)

I have
A Calico Princess
2 Olive eggers
Gold Laced Wyandotte
Australorp
6 Buff Brahma
Light Brahma
Speckled Sussex
White crested blue polish
Sapphire Splash
Sapphire Gem
2 Easter Eggers
White Leghorn
White Americana

Then 2 Tolbunt Polish Roosters

Let me know if I should post pictures of anyone!

Hi!!! So I have 22 chickens! 2 being my Tolbunt Polish Roosters. The rest are hens. My girls are still on the young side (2-3.5months old) I'm wondering what mixes are going to be cute if we did decide to breed In the future?
They will all be cute.

Or what I could mix to have frizzle (if possible)
Do you have any frizzles now? If no, then you will not get any frizzle chicks.
If you do have any frizzles, just cross them to normal-feathered chickens and you should get some frizzles and some with normal feathers.
(Breeding two frizzles together can produce some chicks with problems (sometimes called "frazzles.")

I have
A Calico Princess
2 Olive eggers
Gold Laced Wyandotte
Australorp
6 Buff Brahma
Light Brahma
Speckled Sussex
White crested blue polish
Sapphire Splash
Sapphire Gem
2 Easter Eggers
White Leghorn
White Americana

Then 2 Tolbunt Polish Roosters

Let me know if I should post pictures of anyone!
Since the roosters are Polish, I would expect all chicks to have crests on their heads. You might get crests in a variety of sizes, ranging from small to large.

If the roosters have beards, you could have beards on many chicks or even on all chicks. If the roosters have no beards, you might get bearded chicks from any mother that has a beard (Ameraucana, maybe Easter Egger, maybe Olive Egger)

Any hen with feathered feet will probably produce chicks with feathered feet (Brahma).

Comb types may be a bit odd, because of what happens when the V comb gets mixed with single comb, or rose comb, or pea comb. The crest can also push the comb into an odd shape sometimes.

For colors:

Black Australorp hens will probably produce black chicks.

White Crested Blue Polish hens and Sapphire Gem hens will probably produce some black chicks and some blue ones (crest probably white, but could be black or blue to match the other feathers.)

Sapphire Splash will probably produce blue chicks but no black ones.

White Leghorn will probably produce white chicks. White Ameraucana might or might not produce white chicks. (Whites can be hard to predict.)

Speckled Sussex hens will probably produce chicks with mottling (little white dots) when mated to Tolbunt roosters. The background color (gold/brown with black) may be a bit different than either parent, but somewhat resemble both of them.

Gold Laced Wyandotte should produce gold laced chicks.

Light Brahma should produce sex-linked chicks: sons show silver (white) while daughters show gold. The "silver" may be yellowish or have some red leakage as the sons grow up, but should still be visibly different than the gold of their sisters.

Buff Brahma will produce chicks that show gold and black, but not in the specific pattern shown by either parent.

It's hard to predict for things like Easter Eggers and Olive Eggers, because they come in so many colors. If they show any pattern of black with gold/red/brown, then their chicks will have those colors as well, but maybe in a different pattern than either parent has.

Back
Top Bottom