Breeding Aseels

Pics
Then what are you complaining about? I made no claim to be interested in preserving aseels it wasn’t clear that was what this thread was about. I only participated because I thought it was an open discussion about hatching aseels among people with little prior experiences with them or other oriental gamefowl. Up to this point I haven’t crossed mine with anything, so until I do this first generation of mine is as pure as the original breeder bred them to be. When the time comes for me to cross them, that won’t be discussed in this thread.

So, take a deep breath and relax.
what line of Aseels do you have and who are they from?

I can get only so much from videos made by speakers of Urdu.

Stag will be pulled. Based on what I have seen from Pakistani keepers of Aseels, they appear to keep cock in with broody hen, or he is at least with those greater than what appears to be 2 weeks old. Number of chicks shown low although no reason given for that. I can keep some American Game cocks in with hens if nest in tight location and pen relatively large. The pen used here is 5' x 4' so not large.

Pen is a good hundred feet from any other chickens so chicks should be safe from attacks by adults in other pens. When they finally hatch, we can be out with them when released for free-range time at end of day.

Stag has not been problematic at all with American Game chicks over 3 weeks old. I have not even seen him threaten them.

Ok, I know who he is. The Aseel I have at present time we’re gifted to me by a friend who brought them back from Puerto Rico and are heavy in McMillan lines. These are rajah Murgh type with some Rampuri and Atkinson in the mix. I’ve had other Aseel lines over my 37 yrs with the breed and these are my favorites. These are the real deal. I don’t sell chickens and rarely trade just a private breeder.

Ok, I know who he is. The Aseel I have at present time we’re gifted to me by a friend who brought them back from Puerto Rico and are heavy in McMillan lines. These are rajah Murgh type with some Rampuri and Atkinson in the mix. I’ve had other Aseel lines over my 37 yrs with the breed and these are my favorites. These are the real deal. I don’t sell chickens and rarely trade just a private breeder.
@bradymars do your Aseel undergo an eclipse molt?

Parrot Face is in a better place... not the chicken hereafter; I sent him off with another family member that wanted to experiment with seeing if he could be rehabilitated or not. The large bulge that developed in his throat turned out to be his tongue. It won't fit in his undersized lower jaw/beak. At the point his tongue doesn't fit or function correctly, I have to surrender to the notion that the genetic or developmental mutation is nothing but a defect. Not a function of having an abnormal upper hooked beak but solely a function of an underdeveloped lower jaw.

So I'm down to the more healthy looking black and white one (which I believe to be a cockerel) and the chocolate one (which I think is a pullet). Both of them have much thicker legs and a longer-neck stance than the hook beaked bird.

Parrot Face is in a better place... not the chicken hereafter; I sent him off with another family member that wanted to experiment with seeing if he could be rehabilitated or not. The large bulge that developed in his throat turned out to be his tongue. It won't fit in his undersized lower jaw/beak. At the point his tongue doesn't fit or function correctly, I have to surrender to the notion that the genetic or developmental mutation is nothing but a defect. Not a function of having an abnormal upper hooked beak but solely a function of an underdeveloped lower jaw.

So I'm down to the more healthy looking black and white one (which I believe to be a cockerel) and the chocolate one (which I think is a pullet). Both of them have much thicker legs and a longer-neck stance than the hook beaked bird.
That is more than a bill deformity. Bird will have serious issues later. He will likely always need feed from a pile.

Back
Top Bottom