Breeding for Cuteness now! who's with me?

Sumatra503

Kozy Orchard Farms
10 Years
Sep 24, 2010
I have been breeding chickens for 10 years now and when I started I just had 4 little seabright crosses. I loved my original chickens and they were super friendly. I didn't care that they were mutts, I just loved them and enjoyed their company.

I later got into breeding show birds. I started with cochins, moved to Sumatras, and now I breed Dominiques. At first it was fun breeding them. I loved showing and I was making money for a while with my hatching eggs.

I purchased my first seramas a few months back and they are so friendly and cute! I take them for walks and they live in my house. i love them.

Lately my show breeding has been hitting some bumps. My chicken run has been down-graded in size. My neighbor filed a noise complaint, even though our houses are considered rural. Winters here have been getting pretty bad. All this added up is making me favor those Seramas more and more.

My final deciding factor for switching over was when I was deciding on entries for State Fair and I picked the two seramas "cause they're cuter". I left my show birds at home and brought my pets to show instead.

I've now decided that I really like the idea of having a few Pet chickens that are Cute chickens, too. I have always liked Cute Chickens. I often times will buy a little mixed cutie over a show bird. I have decided that it'd be more enjoyable to just breed for cute and for fun than adhering to breed standards and stressing over quality breeding stock and whether my pens could stay segregated.

So, looks like I'll be breeding for fun now! Yippeee!

The possibilities are literally endless.

Who's with me, here?

I dont care if I have mutts. I love mine ! I have a black australorp and silkie mix.(father buff silkie) she is beautiful. (will try pics later) Shes all black with "gold necklaces" around her with little fluff head !

Back
Top Bottom