BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hellbender, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Dead Rabbit

Dead Rabbit Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Virginia

I'm kicking myself. But here goes.......

Everything I knew about comes from distant memory from something I saw on history channel years ago. A quick Google had this interesting link

Statehood for West Virginia: An Illegal Act?
    www.wvculture.org/history/journal_wvh/wvh30-1.html
    The admission of West Virginia in the midst of a war was an unusual event in the ... The restored Union-oriented government of Virginia lived briefly and with little ... Actual statehood did not occur until June 20, 1863 but the creation of West ...

So from what I read the state of WVA would have never happened if not for VAs preoccupation with union aggression and invasion. WVA succeeding from va was not only illegal from the commonwealths state law but was also illegal federally. They legality of the new state hood was questioned by most all even president Lincoln. Who himself was guilty of approval and directing of war crimes along with his secretary of war and Secretary of State.

2. hellbender

hellbender Overrun With Chickens

Sep 2, 2013
    Grinder's Switch
    Well, what do you know? Looks like things haven't changed much from that time and now, either state-wise or federally!!! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Dead Rabbit

Apr 28, 2010
    Virginia
    History always repeats itself

The scriptures prove true
    Jeremiah 10:23- it does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his steps

4. hellbender

hellbender Overrun With Chickens

Sep 2, 2013
    Grinder's Switch
    [​IMG]

5. jbkirk

jbkirk A Learning Breeder

[​IMG]Ahh you only qouted Jer 10:23 b this is the full verse "Jer 10:23 O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps."

6. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Just one more reason I'm proud to be a West Virginian...... we're just a tad more independent than the average American.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  7. Dead Rabbit

Apr 28, 2010
    Virginia
    Proverbs 16:18-pride is before a crash.....

That prideful independence comes at a cost. 152 yrs later VA is the 9th wealthiest commonwealth in the union. WVA is the 49th.

8. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

I'll take it. I don't particularly care how rich one state is compared to another as my life is wonderful and joyous, regardless of material gain or worth.

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Mark 8:36

1 person likes this.
  9. jbkirk

jbkirk A Learning Breeder

You have a problem with misquoting. this is the verse!!!! "Pr 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall."

1 person likes this.
  10. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas

I think is more a thing if using a different version than "King James Version"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by