BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT.

You are all killing me with this bacon talk. Did you ever try PIG CANDY? Put smoked thick bacon on a cookie sheet, slap on some pure maple syrup, spinkle on brown sugar, a little bit of cayenne pepper to your liking and bake in the oven until crispy. Let it cool and you have Pig Candy!
You are all killing me with this bacon talk. Did you ever try PIG CANDY? Put smoked thick bacon on a cookie sheet, slap on some pure maple syrup, spinkle on brown sugar, a little bit of cayenne pepper to your liking and bake in the oven until crispy. Let it cool and you have Pig Candy!

Ooh yum!! We made our own homeade bacon and made it nice and thick like side pork and that was really good with Maple syrup! I wish we would have tried pig candy!!

Ooh yum!! We made our own homeade bacon and made it nice and thick like side pork and that was really good with Maple syrup! I wish we would have tried pig candy!!
Once I get done caponizing cockerels, it will be time for Hammy to fulfill his destiny. This will be my first hog killing, hubby's first as well.

My hatch finally ended at 9:04 PM tonight. Out of the 18 eggs that went into lockdown, I had 16 that hatched successfully and completely unassisted. Only one of my Bielefelder eggs made it all the way (my NN/Biel mix), and I got two NN/White Rocks, which was another major goal. Overall I'm really pleased with this hatch. Here's photos of a few of them in order of hatch:

One of my coveted NN/White Rock mixes.

Which roo was the father? If he was not barred, then this is a sex link cross- cockerels with the white head spot, pullets without.

Was the nn-biel cross pictured?

th.gif

I have to say... that's a bit of a tease. If I'm going to enjoy the smell of bacon cooking, then it better be followed by being able to EAT the bacon.

Light it up before every one else wakes..... either have nothing on table or just warm oatmeal... heh heh..

Back
Top Bottom