BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT.

First turkey ever hatched! Woke up this morning and there it was looking up at me through the bator window!
1f604.png
1f60d.png

Awww.....it's so cute!!!! Congratulations! What breed of turkey?

Today was weights and measures day and once again I am totally blown away.

Lenny (NN) = 3.62 lbs at 10 weeks

Andres = 3.54 lbs at 10 weeks

And now the one that really surprised me....I weighed all of the chicks from my most recent NN hatch and have discovered that one of my little cockerels is showing even faster, better growth than Monty and Lenny at the same age.

So here's Tank, 20.64 ounces at only 4 weeks:

His mother is one of my White Rock hens, Dolly and his father is Zazzle (NN). Ironically, that little white/buff barred NN (I named him Frost) has the same parents, but is significantly smaller, although experiencing a sudden growth spurt. Frost weighed in at only 14.82 ounces. Here's the two of them next to each other:

And now the one that really surprised me....I weighed all of the chicks from my most recent NN hatch and have discovered that one of my little cockerels is showing even faster, better growth than Monty and Lenny at the same age.

His mother is one of my White Rock hens, Dolly and his father is Zazzle (NN). Ironically, that little white/buff barred NN (I named him Frost) has the same parents, but is significantly smaller, although experiencing a sudden growth spurt. Frost weighed in at only 14.82 ounces. Here's the two of them next to each other:

Big boy!!!! You have a Tank!!!!!
wee.gif

Very nice- and lovely colour too! Looking forward to seeing them grown up.

Kept back my two favorite pullets because tgey had pea combs. They have some nice sice to them. I really like the Black pullet. She is quite big for 16 weeks.

AND I processed a 20 week old rooster I didnt like. He dreesed out nicely!

I like the body of the black pullet, esp for 16 weeks. :thumbsup

Thanks! She is out of my favorite Brahma hen. I actuslly thought she was a cockerel for a long time because she was outgrowing her brothers and then I remembered her brothers are 1/4 bantam :rolleyes:

Greetings: For those who have sent PMs, I'm having difficulty responding. I've asked for help.

I have further thinned my flock and have total of 28 birds. I still have all but one DC and DC crosses, Chanteclers, NNs and Doms., just fewer of a couple of them.

I ate the smallest Dom. cockerel, keeping the best two, butchered one Chantecler hen, one DC-cross pullet and I will pick four breeding pens from that, having a few

left for replacement.

By June, I'll be outa' here again. Not certain I have Greece out of my system yet. It's hard to get too much of that place.

Back
Top Bottom